Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Somebody Please Confirm or Deny these Virtual Device HS4 BUGS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Somebody Please Confirm or Deny these Virtual Device HS4 BUGS?

If you would be so kind to help me confirm or deny this HS4 Virtual Device bugs. Apparently, I'm the only one with this issue and HST support says they cannot reproduce it. Should take less then 5 min to complete.

My System is HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 (Windows) Pro 64bit

Virtual Device Creation Steps:

1) Create a test Virtual Device, and rename the auto created feature (example: Temp_Test)
    2) Edit feature (NOT the Root), remove the default on/off Controls and Status Graphics options.
    3) Add 1 Range Control with -100 to 500 and set Range Options to Decimal 2 and Text Box.
    4) Add 1 Range Status with -100 to 300. (no need to set any Status Range Options)
    5) After making the above changes, enter 250 (or any number within the ranges) and hit the Submit button.

Event Creation Steps:

1) Create a Manually Triggered Event
    2) Add a Control a Device action for the Temp_Test feature (Make sure it's the feature NOT the root).

CONFIRM 1st BUG. Do you get "Missing Control"?

NOW, using the HS3 Legacy Device Management, edit the Temp_Test Feature and tick the "Include Values" option. Hit done.

1) Go back to the test event, and you should now have the ability to select a number to set the Virtual Device to.
    2) Run the event by clicking on the running man

CONFIRM 2nd BUG. Does the Virtual Device actually update to the selected number chosen in the event?

Screen Shots For Reference:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-31_7-14-20.png Views:	145 Size:	24.5 KB ID:	1505453

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-31_7-12-32.png Views:	117 Size:	431.5 KB ID:	1505454

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-31_7-12-53.png Views:	118 Size:	580.7 KB ID:	1505455

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-31_7-17-56.png Views:	121 Size:	97.8 KB ID:	1505456

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-31_7-19-37.png Views:	118 Size:	192.4 KB ID:	1505457

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-31_7-20-39.png Views:	122 Size:	274.3 KB ID:	1505458

RJ_Make On YouTube

I saw this...You don't even have to delete the Control part, it fails ... (Simple ON/OFF device)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Missing Control.png Views:	0 Size:	210.2 KB ID:	1505462

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Is that the feature of the Virtual Device?
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
        Is that the feature of the Virtual Device?
        Yes, even when not deleted it fails! (Missing Controls)

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

anyone else confirm both bugs?
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

It would be really helpful if someone else can attempt to recreate these 2 bugs.
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I had the same issue.
              I thought maybe the device floor/room/device name was too long.

So I removed it from the Floor and Room, and it started working.

I then added it back to floor and room, and it’s still working.

-Tom

Comment

Also I noticed when it was not working when listing the device in the event, it did not have a dot in front of it.

When I removed the floor/room I then got a dot in front of it.
                My assumption is WITHOUT the dot its just a HEADING?

Click image for larger version

Name:	homeseer2.png
Views:	492
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	1507189Click image for larger version

Name:	HomSeer.png
Views:	477
Size:	341.2 KB
ID:	1507190Click image for larger version

Name:	homeseer3.png
Views:	478
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	1507191

Comment

Originally posted by tmassano View Post
                  I had the same issue.
                  I thought maybe the device floor/room/device name was too long.

So I removed it from the Floor and Room, and it started working.

I then added it back to floor and room, and it’s still working.

-Tom
                  Unfortunately, different cause for a similar issue. My problems are very specific as spelled out in my post.
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Yes, I can confirm these bugs... Virtual devices created in HS4 are gimped up. The work around is to clone a known working virtual device that was originally created in HS3. Alternatively you can clone a HS4 device create by a HS4 specific plugin. Either way the cloned copy works fine for me in HS4. You can edit any of the device parameters to fit your needs and it will still work.

Wonder if anyone has turned in a bug report on this?

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post
                      Yes, I can confirm these bugs... Virtual devices created in HS4 are gimped up. The work around is to clone a known working virtual device that was originally created in HS3. Alternatively you can clone a HS4 device create by a HS4 specific plugin. Either way the cloned copy works fine for me in HS4. You can edit any of the device parameters to fit your needs and it will still work.

Wonder if anyone has turned in a bug report on this?

--Barry
                      Cloning the entire HS4 Device (Root and Feature)?

Does creating new features from the existing one allow the copied feature to work also?

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

If you would be so kind to help me confirm or deny this HS4 Virtual Device bugs. Apparently, I'm the only one with this issue and HST support says they cannot reproduce it. Should take less then 5 min to complete.

My System is HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 (Windows) Pro 64bit

Virtual Device Creation Steps:

1) Create a test Virtual Device, and rename the auto created feature (example: Temp_Test)
                        2) Edit feature (NOT the Root), remove the default on/off Controls and Status Graphics options.
                        3) Add 1 Range Control with -100 to 500 and set Range Options to Decimal 2 and Text Box.
                        4) Add 1 Range Status with -100 to 300. (no need to set any Status Range Options)
                        5) After making the above changes, enter 250 (or any number within the ranges) and hit the Submit button.

Event Creation Steps:

1) Create a Manually Triggered Event
                        2) Add a Control a Device action for the Temp_Test feature (Make sure it's the feature NOT the root).

CONFIRM 1st BUG. Do you get "Missing Control"?

NOW, using the HS3 Legacy Device Management, edit the Temp_Test Feature and tick the "Include Values" option. Hit done.

1) Go back to the test event, and you should now have the ability to select a number to set the Virtual Device to.
                        2) Run the event by clicking on the running man

CONFIRM 2nd BUG. Does the Virtual Device actually update to the selected number chosen in the event?

Screen Shots For Reference:

Click image for larger version Name:	2021-10-31_7-14-20.png Views:	145 Size:	24.5 KB ID:	1505453

Click image for larger version Name:	2021-10-31_7-12-32.png Views:	117 Size:	431.5 KB ID:	1505454

Click image for larger version Name:	2021-10-31_7-12-53.png Views:	118 Size:	580.7 KB ID:	1505455

Click image for larger version Name:	2021-10-31_7-17-56.png Views:	121 Size:	97.8 KB ID:	1505456

Click image for larger version Name:	2021-10-31_7-19-37.png Views:	118 Size:	192.4 KB ID:	1505457

Click image for larger version Name:	2021-10-31_7-20-39.png Views:	122 Size:	274.3 KB ID:	1505458

off topic, but cool skin. how did you change it? Thanks!

Comment

It's a FF browser extension. I think it's called dark mode (on cell right now) or something like that.

I'll try and post the name tomorrow.
                          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Cloning the entire HS4 Device (Root and Feature)?

Does creating new features from the existing one allow the copied feature to work also?

Yes, and yes. I normally try to look around and find a device that closely matches what I'm needing and then clone it. But if you need to later add a feature to the new device, simply clone an existing child (feature) device and the system will automatically assign it to the same parent as the child device you cloned.

One caveat: If you clone a device that was created by a plugin and it has special features (such as those created by the JowiHue plugin), then the new cloned device will also be assigned to that plugin and have those plugin features. That can cause issues for the respective plugin, so you want to be careful about not cloning those.

Also the Jon00 Grouping Utility can be used to assign or reassign new or existing devices to different parent/child relationships. Like everything from Jon, it's an extremely handy utility!

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

off topic, but cool skin. how did you change it? Thanks!
                              So the name of that FF plug-in is "Dark Reader"..
                              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                              X