Event Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Challenge

Could use some knowledge from smart people. I am trying to restrict this event to only trigger between sunset and sunrise. I am utilizing the MyQ plugin. Please be gentle, I'm still in rehabilitation for my second brain tumor.

I can think of three ways.

1 - repeat the trigger with Or If
    If [trigger]
    And If the time is before sunrise

Or If [trigger]
    And If the time is after sunset

2 - create a schedule in EasyTrigger that starts at sunset and ends at sunrise the next day
    use the schedule as a condition

3 - create a virtual device
    in two separate events turn the virtual device on at sunset and off at sunrise
    use the status of the VD as a condition
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

AND IF The Time is Nighttime (after sunset, before sunrise) Click image for larger version

Name:	ANDIF Nighttime.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1506454
      Attached Files

Comment

Kevb, thanks - looks like we have a WINNER here. I will give this a spin today/night but its lookin.

Comment

Hope it works for you, happy to help

Comment

I use Uncle Michaels third choice (using a virtual switch to define night, with events that turn it on or off at sunset or sunrise).

Why? Because then I can adjust the start time a little bit should I want to define night starting a little earlier or later than the actual sunrise or sunset.

And most useful, can manually set the night virtual switch during the daytime when I want to test the functionality (and not be left in the dark while testing).

Comment

Working...
            X