Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anyone that responds to Customer Service inquiries?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyone that responds to Customer Service inquiries?

I have contacted Homeseer at their customer service number several times leaving a message for a return phone call. No response.
    I have contacted Homeseer customer service via email. No response
    I have submitted and esculated a request on the web site. No response.

I want to purchase the software and some hardware before the black November sale is over but I have questions.
    It doesn't look like the customer service is up to par.
    Is Homeseer going out of business?

Your best bet is to use the customer portal to get support from HS.

https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

We may also be able to help you with your questions as well.

-Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

It is hit an miss for the last 12 months or so. Sometimes they are very quick to response, sometimes you don't get a response even when you escalate issues. As Rupp said, your best bet is to use that portal but even there it is hit and miss. I would first ask on the forum and then go from there. Btw, the deals in November are the best you get. They only have those kind of sales twice a year.

Comment

Holiday season...Hmm...HomeSeer is a small family business and their corporate hours are not limited to customer schedules. Am not being rude here but if it's software related then that's simple. You Just place an order of the advertised products and the automated system takes care of the sales and of course receipt which is emailed to you and you are indeed in your own right to take a screen shot of that purchase as extra proof in case of litigation.

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I have used the portal (I think) to submit 2 request.
          Is there a problem with Homeseer where they may be going out of business.
          I not too sure I want to invest in a product that doesn't supply support in a timely manner. I will be a new customer. I do not have any HS software/hardware at the moment. I only have x10. I would think they would show some interest in order to sell product. I'm not trying to be confrontational here. Just trying to get a response from HS since they will be the one to benefit if I buy their product. I believe the November deal ends on the 9th(tomorrow). If that's the case, I do not want to pay the regular price and will look at alternatives.

Comment

Eman, maybe I misunderstand your message but this is not about ordering. That's easy enough. The OP has pre-sales questions. And the spotty service is not just now ("holiday" season) but it has been going on for about a year or so. It has been getting a little bit better. So to answer the OPs other question, I don't think HS is going out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
              Eman, maybe I misunderstand your message but this is not about ordering. That's easy enough. The OP has pre-sales questions. And the spotty service is not just now ("holiday" season) but it has been going on for about a year or so. It has been getting a little bit better. So to answer the OPs other question, I don't think HS is going out of business.
              Yes of course I was trying to address exactly that. You know lately the world has changed a lot due to Covid 19... So addressing issues directly without knowing what's going on behind the scenes is not good natured. Forgive me if am wrong but if someone turns up with a heart breaking story which turns out to be the opposite of what you had in mind, leaves you looking for places to hide... You should always give the guys a chance...and may be put in a word on their behalf. You know we have been here long...we are just like family!

It's life, it's not what it always seems.

Interpersonal skills

Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

As a retired Director of Service for GE Healthcare this is unacceptable and a total failure of HomeSeer Service Delivery. An Escalation Report would have been created and phones would be ringing at GE with a case as this. Message posts and emails will never take the place of direct customer contact!

Understanding that the HomeSeer Family has suffered a devastating loss, other employees should be stepping up and ESCALATING this issue. When a customer posts on YOUR MESSAGE BOARD "I want to purchase the software and some hardware before the black November sale is over but I have questions.
                It doesn't look like the customer service is up to par.
                Is HomeSeer going out of business?" that's a huge RED FLAG.

And Rupp "OmniSeer" with the title "HomeSeer Admininstrator" doesn't have the resources to make a phone call and escalated this issue?

And yet I received an email today from HomeSeer asking that I review my new WX300 Switch??? I think I'll let that one sit awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by repetedj View Post
                  Thanks for the replies. I have used the portal (I think) to submit 2 request.
                  Is there a problem with Homeseer where they may be going out of business.
                  I not too sure I want to invest in a product that doesn't supply support in a timely manner. I will be a new customer. I do not have any HS software/hardware at the moment. I only have x10. I would think they would show some interest in order to sell product. I'm not trying to be confrontational here. Just trying to get a response from HS since they will be the one to benefit if I buy their product. I believe the November deal ends on the 9th(tomorrow). If that's the case, I do not want to pay the regular price and will look at alternatives.
                  HST is not going out of business. We only have two support techs and one is on vacation. What is your ticket ID and I'll investigate.
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

Comment

Covid definitely had an impact but it should not affect online(!) customer service. I am not just saying this in particular to HS but in general (many other companies have the same excuses). Having said that, I understand HS had a significant personal impact late last year (2020) so I understand the hiccup. However, it is now 1 year past that and I would expect things should be back to somewhat normal which doesn't seem to be the case. Anyways, I am sticking with HS as it still seems the best solution to meet my requirements (no monthly fees, not dependent on the internet, HSTouch, as much outdated it is allows me complete customization, looking forward to the new HSTouch4 version).

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

HST is not going out of business. We only have two support techs and one is on vacation. What is your ticket ID and I'll investigate.
                      I believe these are the ticket IDs
                      HSSALES-3797
                      HSSALES-3823

As stated in my original post, I made several phone calls last week. Sent email and also submitted the tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

Yes of course I was trying to address exactly that. You know lately the world has changed a lot due to Covid 19... So addressing issues directly without knowing what's going on behind the scenes is not good natured. Forgive me if am wrong but if someone turns up with a heart breaking story which turns out to be the opposite of what you had in mind, leaves you looking for places to hide... You should always give the guys a chance...and may be put in a word on their behalf. You know we have been here long...we are just like family!

It's life, it's not what it always seems.

Interpersonal skills

Eman.
                        No, you were not addressing the OP's question, which, as mulu explained, were pre-sales questions. "Pre-sales" means, for example: "Which system would best suit my needs?" or "Should I buy this switch or that switch", etc.

Comment

I would like to thank everyone who assisted. I received a reply and a phone call today from Tyler Manson that answered all my questions. The questions and the responses are below in case it may help anyone else. Tyler did mention that he was out of the office for a few days.

Thanks to all.

Below I have listed your questions in red with my answers in black.
                          1. If I install HS4 on my laptop, will I be able to access the HS4 from another laptop or android phone using MYHS? My laptops do not have Remote Desktop Connection capability since they are on the W10 Home Edition.
                            • Yes, HS4 runs as a local web server that can be accessed from any web browser on the local network using the IP address or off the local network using a free MyHS account. Access is also available from our mobile app using the local IP or your MyHS account.
                          2. Right now the x10 CM15a transceiver is plugged into my laptop via USB. Where do I plug the CM15a into once I install HS4? Z-wave interface? My laptop?
                            • The CM15a needs to be connected to the computer that is running HS4.
                          3. Can HS4 run on W10 32 and 64 bit?
                            • Yes.
                          4. Can other interfaces be plugged into the HomeSeer Z-NET Remote Z-Wave Interface (US) that are not z-wave? (assuming there are plug-ins for them)
                            • No, the Z-Net is designed for Z-Wave only.
                          5. Can HS4 be installed on more than 1 PC? (How many seats?)
                            • No, HS4 can only be installed in one location at a time.

Comment

Working...
                          X