Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you LOCK Nodes from updating their routes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you LOCK Nodes from updating their routes?

Hi all,

I'm using the diagnostic software and changed routes on some devices to make them actually work correctly. I noticed in the Help section that there is a way to "lock" all the nodes routes so they dont auto-update as time goes on, which seems to be my main issue with devices losing connection over a few days. However I can not find any info on how to set this Lock.

How do you lock the system from updating routes automatically?

Thanks all!

Here is the actual documentation on this Lock comment taken from Z-Seer+ FAQ
    Q: I manually set a route in HS3 (from the Z-Wave node info page) but that route changed after running a Z-Seer+ packet test and/or optimizing an unrelated node. Why?

A: The Z-Wave protocol constantly makes route "adjustments" designed to optimize network performance. In some cases, that will change manually set routes. The protocol does provide a command to "LOCK" the routes in a network. However, that command locks ALL routes in a network and would prevent the protocol from adjusting routes when devices are added or removed to the network.

Comment

Anyone? The nodes keep rerouting themselves and cause major lags.

Comment

Unfortunately, you can't as the Z-Wave protocol adjusts the node as it sees necessary and as far as I know HS prevents this lock as it would break more than it helps.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There has to be a way to do this, why else would they say
          The protocol does provide a command to "LOCK" the routes in a network. However, that command locks ALL routes in a network and would prevent the protocol from adjusting routes when devices are added or removed to the network.
          Locking ALL the routes is exactly what we need here to fix these issues.

Comment

Working...
          X