About Audio/Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Audio/Video

ARC and eARC Explained - An Awesome Feature That You're Probably Not Using (HDMI CEC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkqCPvlf0Y4

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Been using Arc / CEC for a few years now with AVR and 7.2 wired speakers.

Wired here with one HDMI ARC from TV to AVR. Plugged in Kodi STB and Satellite STB directly to TV. The KODI STB streams / records from two HD Homerun boxes and now recording IP streams. What is nice is that when playing back a media file via KODI you can see info on the multiple streams and types of streams playing back. I cannot do this with the AVR.

Always testing my configuration and have had issues playing Dolby Atmos.

Main TV / AVR configuration is (wired)
    1 - two powered subwoofers (hidden)
    2 - two tower front speakers and one middle speaker (older JBL towers and have flipped on the center speaker from JBL to Bose).
    3 - two middle rear and two rear speakers

wired from the basement up. Difficult though with high ceilings Front speakers are at ground level and rear speakers are up around 8 feet of a 20 foot ceiling.

Found a bunch of test files here:

Dolby Test files

Really best enjoyment of a movie is via sound and video and not just video with a central sound bar.

I have tweaked down the subwoofers as it is low on the WAF when everything shakes in the house during movie playback.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
    Fanless IntelĀ® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
    X