Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeotec TriSensors (z-wave plus) battery reporting issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec TriSensors (z-wave plus) battery reporting issue.

I have a few Aeotec TriSensors, they are z-wave plus devices. I also have several Spirit z-wave plus radiator thermostats.

The Spirit thermostats work perfectly with Homeseer. I can set their heating setpoint, they report the temperature in the room and I can poll them for their battery state of charge in percent.

However, the Aeotec TriSensors report movement, temperature and lux but I cannot for the life of get them to report of their battery state of charge. In HS4 they report 100% and it never changes despite polling them.

I'm sure it must be something I've missed. So my question is, has anyone managed to get the battery state of charge of their Aeotec TriSensors and if so, how on earth did you do it?

Thanks very much.

On the battery device configuration page be sure to UNCHECK the "Do not update device last change time
    if device value does not change:" That way each time the HS device(battery) gets an update from the actual device the date will change. As long as that date is changing you are getting a battery update. I have devices that report 50%, everyday, from the day new batteries are installed to a year or so later when they are near dead and the device stops reporting; so 100% for a long period of time may be normal for your device.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
      On the battery device configuration page be sure to UNCHECK the "Do not update device last change time
      if device value does not change:" That way each time the HS device(battery) gets an update from the actual device the date will change. As long as that date is changing you are getting a battery update. I have devices that report 50%, everyday, from the day new batteries are installed to a year or so later when they are near dead and the device stops reporting; so 100% for a long period of time may be normal for your device.
      The date is updating but the value stays at 100% even when the batteries run flat and the device stops working. Obviously it shouldn’t work that way.

Comment

Working...
      X