Aeotec Gen2 Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Gen2 Settings

**** Correction: The post subject indicates Gen2, but this is actually the Zw095 Gen5 meter ****

I'm trying to understand and configure a Aeon Labs Gen5 energy monitor (two clamps). I'm not sure what the proper settings should be because I have found conflicting information so I'm hoping someone here can provide some clarity. I've attached what is displayed on the Devices list and also the node z-wave settings. I'm not understanding why I'm seeing information for kW Hours 2 but not for kW Hours 1.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DavidLiles; November 12, 2021, 01:07 PM. Reason: Title incorrectly states Gen2 when it's actually the Gen5 meter

I was able to get clarification from Aeotec support regarding HomeSeer and the energy meter (Gen5) settings and information it displays.

From the HomeSeer Devices view, select the primary device node for the meter, then the Z-Wave tab and then the Manage button. Next, expand the Settings section and you should be presented with configuration options for the meter. According to Aeotec support, the three Groups only determines how you want the meter sensor to report and the time interval. The three separate Groups allows you to select various meter data and configure the reporting timeframes. This allows you to configure up to 3 different ways to group and report meter data.

According to this explanation, in my initial image above, since I had both Groups 1 & 2 reporting at the same time interval, I was essentially doubling the communication load when the meter reported values. I only need to configure Group 1 and can remove all configuration settings for Groups 2 & 3.

I have also seen conflicting information regarding the direction the arrows should point when installing the clamps on the mains. According to Aeotec support, the direction of K -> L really only matters if you are wanting to keep track of solar generation. If you want to see both positive and negative values, then the clamps should be installed as follows:

Phase 1: Clamp 1 (K -> L facing towards the load)
    Phase 2: Clamp 2 (L <- K facing away from the load)

If you don't have solar generation, if you set Parameter 2 [1 byte] = 0, this will make it so the direction of the clamps will not matter at all. If you do have solar, then the direction of the clamps will matter.

With respect to parameter settings, the following is from a support post I found on the Aeotec website.

Pair HEM Gen5 V1.35 or V1.04 using non-secure
    1. Unpair HEM Gen5
    2. Re-pair HEM Gen5 using "Non-secure" pairing via HomeSeer interface (don't use regular pairing)

Changing Parameter settings
    1. Access the root of the HEM Gen5
    2. Go to Z-Wave tab -> Settings.
    3. Input these parameter settings individually at the bottom:

Parameter 2 [1 byte] = 0 //disable solar
    Parameter 3 [1 byte] = 0 //disable threshold
    Parameter 13 [1 byte] = 1 //enable CRC16 encapsulation (HomeSeer requires this)

1 Clamp Settings

Parameter 101 [4 byte] = 592143 //report all reports on clamp 1 via group #1
    Parameter 111 [4 byte] = 240 //Set the time of report for group #1

2 Clamp Settings

Parameter 101 [4 byte] = 1776384 //report all reports on clamp 1 + 2 via group #1

3 Clamp Settings

Parameter 101 [4 byte] = 4144911//report all reports on clamp 1 + 2 + 3 via group #1

4. Save this.
    5. If you are still not getting any readings, move onto the association section below, this would indicate that Group Association

Association (steps for is your HEM Gen5 is still not reporting)
    1. Access the root of the HEM Gen5
    2. Go to Z-Wave tab -> Association.
    3. Click on "Update" button
    4. Click on "X" on Node #1 under "Group 1"
    5. Now click on "Update" button again.
    6. Input this into

"Device to be Controlled" -HomeSeer
    "Destination Endpoint" -(No Endpoint)

7. Now click on "Add Association"

Comment

Working...
    X