My BetaBrite Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BetaBrite Died

After years of reliable service, my betabrite succumbed to a power surge. so my question is, whats the latest/greatest now? ebay is littered with led signs but not enough info to even figure out if i could get it to work with hs.

You can still purchase the old BetaBrite signs on Ebay and use exiting Betabrite plug ins. Been helping a bit with a HS Betabrite user to be able to use Ethernet or Wireless to RS-232 for a new old Betabrite sign.

Over the years have migrated some from RS-232 to CatXX baluns connected to Digi 8 / 16 port RS-232 to USB devices to now POE Ethernet or Wireless. Testing a new LoRa (1 watt - a bit excessive - from China) RS-232 transceiver. I have one end in the garage for the cheaper RFID stuff and the other end in the basement on the far side of the house. Works great as the antennas used and range is a mile. 1 watt exceeds FCC regulations. You can purchase 100 mW transceivers too. You can also purchase tiny OpenWRT wireless / wired routers to be serial transceivers now a days. These are the size of your thumb and would work on your WiFi network.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The Betabrite replacement topic has come up a few times the past year. I do not believe there are any commercial/consumer products available ar similar few hundred dollar price point that can be dynamically controlled in real time.

I constructed two signs using LED matrix. One two rows and one four rows. Interfaced via WiFi and mcsMQTT plug-in. They are described in http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT.pdf. it is a DIY project

Comment

Working...
      X