Wyze Vacuums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyze Vacuums

If anyone is interested I have successfully exerted control over the wyze vacuum series using the python wrapper created by Shaun Tarves (github). I trigger the sdk components through HS4 events. Now have my vacuum schedule on my google calendar triggered through BLGData.

We have a lot of trouble with our Roomba i7+ so are considering alternatives. This is appealing--although my scripting abilities are limited to mostly copy/paste/tweak. Are you able to send the Wyze robot to clean individual rooms via HS? That's something sorely lacking so far with the roomba integration.
    -Wade

Comment

I have been very happy with roborock. There is an automation integration which I think uses MQTT. I know others have used it, but in my case I have not tried.

The LIDAR makes for great navigation and provides means to have precise virtual keep out zones. It should also provide means to have definitions for multiple rooms to support automation, but again it is not something I tried.

Banggood often has excellent pricing for this vacuum.

Comment

I haven't tried to send it to individual rooms, yet. But it is feasible with the python wrapper. It did it from python just haven't scripted in HS4. The trigger for startingn, pausing and returning the vacuum to dock from HS4 is executing batch files (crude but works)

Comment

Thanks to wkrasner for pointing this out. I've used this to build an HS interface that allows creating events to clean rooms as defined in the app and to read status. It's one of my most useful automations because my Wyze is automatically cleaning when everyone is gone, and so I never see it running! There are separate devices for status, each room, control, battery, and bin full/empty.

I can share my code and instructions if anyone wants. But please know this is not plug-in quality. The user must modify two scripts, manually create devices (see below), and set up one mandatory event. Perhaps I will learn how to make a plugin at some point, but this works well. Note this is Windows centric.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wyze.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.7 KB ID:	1576685

Comment

Mike

Would love to see the code, if you don't mind sharing.

Will

Comment

You asked for it! There are two files that go into the HS script folder (attached). Each has a section of settings you must change to match your paths, device numbers and Wyze settings (email, pass, vac_id). There is some redundancy and specificity that should clearly be reduced in future code.

Device structure is in the example above. Below is the structure of the Control device.

And the one required event is shown below. Note the field Parameters must have a value (it distinguishes vacuums since I have two).
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mike

Will

Comment

Working...
                X