Getting "Method 'Scheduler.hsapplication.CAPIGetSingleControl' not found."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting "Method 'Scheduler.hsapplication.CAPIGetSingleControl' not found."

I updated HS4 to the latest build and I started getting "Method 'Scheduler.hsapplication.CAPIGetSingleControl' not found."

I run a script which calls:
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(DevRefDimmer,f alse,hs.GetVar(DevRefDimmer),false,true))

Just to be sure I reinstalled HS4, but I still get this error. Hаs the API changed?

Thansk!

If that (script) was a copy and paste then fix that typo and see if it works :

hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(DevRefDimmer,f alse,hs.GetVar(DevRefDimmer),false,true))

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks! I think it was a weird copy/paste artifact. The script looks OK. I wrote a very simple script and it still gives the same error. The weird thing is that the command itself works and turns the light on. Just to mention I reinstalled HS4 from scratch yesterday, but it hasn't changed anything.

Code:
      Sub Main(ByVal sParams As String)
          Try
              hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(1290, false, "50", false, true))
          Catch ex As Exception
              hs.WriteLog("Error 1", ex.message)
              Throw ex 'This will pass the exception up to HomeSeer and error out of the script.
          End Try
      End Sub
      11/14/2021 12:52:03 PM HomeSeer Error 1 Running script Test.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
      11/14/2021 12:52:03 PM Script Error 1 Method 'Scheduler.hsapplication.CAPIGetSingleControl' not found.
      11/14/2021 12:52:03 PM HomeSeer Device Control Device: Node 48 Guest Bathroom Dimmer to Dim 50% (50) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      11/14/2021 12:52:02 PM HomeSeer Event Running script in background (Living Room Bathroom Lights Test): Test.vb
      11/14/2021 12:52:02 PM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Test Living Room Bathroom Lights Test"

Comment

Uncle Michael or jon00 could help you debug that...

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Not a clue. Looks like it might be a bug in HS4. Do you get an error if you don't have try/catch?
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by dkrupenn View Post
            I updated HS4 to the latest build and I started getting "Method 'Scheduler.hsapplication.CAPIGetSingleControl' not found."

I run a script which calls:

Just to be sure I reinstalled HS4, but I still get this error. Hаs the API changed?

Thansk!
            I expect you are running HS4 on Linux?

One issue is that Mono has an issue running Homeseer commands directly within another in HS4.

Try this:

Change

Code:
            hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(1290, false, "50", false, true))
            To

Code:
            hs.CAPIControlHandler((hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(1290, false, "50", false, true)))
            Does that work?
            Jon

Comment

WOW! That worked:
              hs.CAPIControlHandler((hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(1290, false, "50", false, true)))

Thank you jon00! What is the general rule when double brackets should be used?

Seemingly unrelated. I am getting this warning now:
              JowiHue Warning Warning: event action triggered for Living Room Bathroom Dimmer but is icomplete, it needs to address the feature instead

Comment

As I said, nested hs scripting commands may need additional brackets in Linux. Windows is not affected.

Jon

Comment

Working...
                X