Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where I can buy a Remotec ZFM-80?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone know where I can buy a Remotec ZFM-80?

    I bought 3 of these Remotec ZFM-80s several months ago, and now when I go to use them for my fireplace automation project, one of them is dead and I can't find them for purchase anywhere anymore. Do you guys know where I can buy one?

    Also, is the whole z-wave technology dying?? I see fewer and fewer products and hardly any new z-wave products hitting the market.

    #2
    Remotec has abandoned a lot of older products.

    In terms of new Z-wave devices, there are many being produced every year. Not sure what your "sources" of information are.

    In terms of solving your problem, the ZFM-80 is just one of many products which can accomplice what you want. Simply google "z-wave dry contact relay".

    If you specify your exact use case (load voltage and current requirements) I'm sure one of us here can come up with a product that will be applicable.

    Comment


      #3
      If you are don't care about local access one of these would foot the bill and also give you an extra dry contact.

      https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-700-series-universal-relay-zen17-with-2-no-nc-relays-20a-10a

      An
      d if you do want local control, you can get one of these which is wireless and you can associate with the contact or just control it through a HS event.

      https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...attery-powered


      Both are rather inexpensive but work great. I just installed a Zoon ZEN32 and it works great!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by TC1 View Post
        Remotec has abandoned a lot of older products.

        In terms of new Z-wave devices, there are many being produced every year. Not sure what your "sources" of information are.

        In terms of solving your problem, the ZFM-80 is just one of many products which can accomplice what you want. Simply google "z-wave dry contact relay".

        If you specify your exact use case (load voltage and current requirements) I'm sure one of us here can come up with a product that will be applicable.
        I’m really hoping to find either a ZFM-80 or something exactly like it so it matches the other ones. I’m using them to automate my fireplaces. They work absolutely great. In the past, I’ve also used them to automate gate openers. It’s a shame really that Remotec doesn’t make them anymore.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by George View Post
          If you are don't care about local access one of these would foot the bill and also give you an extra dry contact.

          https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-700-series-universal-relay-zen17-with-2-no-nc-relays-20a-10a

          An
          d if you do want local control, you can get one of these which is wireless and you can associate with the contact or just control it through a HS event.

          https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...attery-powered


          Both are rather inexpensive but work great. I just installed a Zoon ZEN32 and it works great!
          Thanks for this, if I can’t find another ZFM-80, what I’ll do is to buy this Zooz z-wave 700 for my gates, and take one of ZFM-80s I have there, for the remaining fireplace.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post

            I’m really hoping to find either a ZFM-80 or something exactly like it so it matches the other ones. I’m using them to automate my fireplaces. They work absolutely great. In the past, I’ve also used them to automate gate openers. It’s a shame really that Remotec doesn’t make them anymore.
            Welp, a search of of the Internet and Ebay doesn't reveal anything, so best of luck. Like I said, there are similar devices that will do the same thing.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by TC1 View Post

              Welp, a search of of the Internet and Ebay doesn't reveal anything, so best of luck. Like I said, there are similar devices that will do the same thing.
              Yeah, I think I'll go with the Zooz Z-Wave 700 that George recommended for my gates, and take one of the ZFM-80s I currently have on the gates and use that for my remaining fireplace. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post

                Yeah, I think I'll go with the Zooz Z-Wave 700 that George recommended for my gates, and take one of the ZFM-80s I currently have on the gates and use that for my remaining fireplace. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
                If you get it, let us know how it goes. I'm curious if it loads as a controller and with multi_level control for each relay. And which way is ON and OFF and if it reports back. If it takes a neutral, then it should report back it's status.

                My ZEN32 works great, controls the load and also has 11 scenes that you can trigger on including Button Down x, Button UP x, Button Held Down x, Button - Single, Double, Triple, and Quad tapped. It also reports back if someone locally triggered the load and you can set any of the 5 button lights On/Off if you want to override) and also the color of each of the button lights. It's pretty nifty for 40 bucks at Amazon!

                Comment

                Working...
                X