Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where I can buy a Remotec ZFM-80?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know where I can buy a Remotec ZFM-80?

I bought 3 of these Remotec ZFM-80s several months ago, and now when I go to use them for my fireplace automation project, one of them is dead and I can't find them for purchase anywhere anymore. Do you guys know where I can buy one?

Also, is the whole z-wave technology dying?? I see fewer and fewer products and hardly any new z-wave products hitting the market.

Remotec has abandoned a lot of older products.

In terms of new Z-wave devices, there are many being produced every year. Not sure what your "sources" of information are.

In terms of solving your problem, the ZFM-80 is just one of many products which can accomplice what you want. Simply google "z-wave dry contact relay".

If you specify your exact use case (load voltage and current requirements) I'm sure one of us here can come up with a product that will be applicable.

Comment

If you are don't care about local access one of these would foot the bill and also give you an extra dry contact.

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-700-series-universal-relay-zen17-with-2-no-nc-relays-20a-10a

An
      d if you do want local control, you can get one of these which is wireless and you can associate with the contact or just control it through a HS event.

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...attery-powered

Both are rather inexpensive but work great. I just installed a Zoon ZEN32 and it works great!

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
        Remotec has abandoned a lot of older products.

In terms of new Z-wave devices, there are many being produced every year. Not sure what your "sources" of information are.

In terms of solving your problem, the ZFM-80 is just one of many products which can accomplice what you want. Simply google "z-wave dry contact relay".

If you specify your exact use case (load voltage and current requirements) I'm sure one of us here can come up with a product that will be applicable.
        I’m really hoping to find either a ZFM-80 or something exactly like it so it matches the other ones. I’m using them to automate my fireplaces. They work absolutely great. In the past, I’ve also used them to automate gate openers. It’s a shame really that Remotec doesn’t make them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
          If you are don't care about local access one of these would foot the bill and also give you an extra dry contact.

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-700-series-universal-relay-zen17-with-2-no-nc-relays-20a-10a

An
          d if you do want local control, you can get one of these which is wireless and you can associate with the contact or just control it through a HS event.

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...attery-powered

Both are rather inexpensive but work great. I just installed a Zoon ZEN32 and it works great!
          Thanks for this, if I can’t find another ZFM-80, what I’ll do is to buy this Zooz z-wave 700 for my gates, and take one of ZFM-80s I have there, for the remaining fireplace.

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post

I’m really hoping to find either a ZFM-80 or something exactly like it so it matches the other ones. I’m using them to automate my fireplaces. They work absolutely great. In the past, I’ve also used them to automate gate openers. It’s a shame really that Remotec doesn’t make them anymore.
            Welp, a search of of the Internet and Ebay doesn't reveal anything, so best of luck. Like I said, there are similar devices that will do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Welp, a search of of the Internet and Ebay doesn't reveal anything, so best of luck. Like I said, there are similar devices that will do the same thing.
              Yeah, I think I'll go with the Zooz Z-Wave 700 that George recommended for my gates, and take one of the ZFM-80s I currently have on the gates and use that for my remaining fireplace. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Comment

Yeah, I think I'll go with the Zooz Z-Wave 700 that George recommended for my gates, and take one of the ZFM-80s I currently have on the gates and use that for my remaining fireplace. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
                If you get it, let us know how it goes. I'm curious if it loads as a controller and with multi_level control for each relay. And which way is ON and OFF and if it reports back. If it takes a neutral, then it should report back it's status.

My ZEN32 works great, controls the load and also has 11 scenes that you can trigger on including Button Down x, Button UP x, Button Held Down x, Button - Single, Double, Triple, and Quad tapped. It also reports back if someone locally triggered the load and you can set any of the 5 button lights On/Off if you want to override) and also the color of each of the button lights. It's pretty nifty for 40 bucks at Amazon!

Comment

If you’re still looking for a Remotec ZFM-80 I will be selling one of mine in a few weeks. Shoot me a message if you still want one and I’ll let you know when I have it ready to send.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

If you get it, let us know how it goes. I'm curious if it loads as a controller and with multi_level control for each relay. And which way is ON and OFF and if it reports back. If it takes a neutral, then it should report back it's status.

My ZEN32 works great, controls the load and also has 11 scenes that you can trigger on including Button Down x, Button UP x, Button Held Down x, Button - Single, Double, Triple, and Quad tapped. It also reports back if someone locally triggered the load and you can set any of the 5 button lights On/Off if you want to override) and also the color of each of the button lights. It's pretty nifty for 40 bucks at Amazon!
                    Sorry it took a while to reply, but it went as planned. I put the Zooz Z-Wave 700 on the gates and took the two ZFM-80s to my fireplaces. Surprisingly, another ZFM-80 died in the process, but I only needed one more... The Zooz 700 is quite capable and it does report back. It supports both on and off relays. I'm totally happy with it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by Daviper View Post
                      If you’re still looking for a Remotec ZFM-80 I will be selling one of mine in a few weeks. Shoot me a message if you still want one and I’ll let you know when I have it ready to send.
                      I ended up taking 2 off my gates and putting a Zooz 700 on the gates. Later on I found one on eBay to have for backup. How much are you selling it for though? Maybe I'll buy it from you to have an additional one in case they die at some point.

Comment

How much are you selling it for though? Maybe I'll buy it from you to have an additional one in case they die at some point.
                        Sold it on eBay already, sorry. It sold pretty quickly.

Comment

jumper4000 I am interested in remotely controlling my fireplace too. Currently, I have a SIT controller which is powered by 7V DC which is transformed from 110AC but has a battery pack backup hooked-up. What's nice about the ZFM-80 is it will allow the line for the switch to not be shared with the line for the relay. The switch for my fireplace is just taking a low voltage from the fireplace controller. What is not certain though is if this relay passes the relay load through the switch or external 120V/15A. I have a switch connected to 18AWG that I rather not have to fish new wire to.

I haven't yet been able to find another relay that supports this. Have you?

Also, I'm curious... will the relay still function from the manual switch if it doesn't have power supplied to it (relay load will be there due to the battery backup but not the external com)? This is important if there is a power outage (hence the battery backup for the SIT controller).

Comment

Strange business, but search around the website and email them. They might have it in stock.

https://greenappleenergycompany.com/...51c4efdaf3409e

Comment

Working...
                            X