Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 and Windows 11

Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone knew if there were any issues in upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 with HS4? I started getting the notices to upgrade today and wanted to see if it was okay to upgrade.

Thanks,
    Lou

Someone had an issue with the drivers for their zwave stick- see here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...374-windows-11

Comment

Been running Windows 11 for months already. Upgrade was painless, everything just worked as before.
      stefxx

Comment

For anything "mission critical" I would avoid upgrading for at least a year.

I have a few Windows 11 VMs that I'm playing with, and there's definitely some rough edges - to be expected of a new major version. I've not tried HS4 on it - I continue to run it on a Windows 10 VM, and it's solid. The reality is that peoples' installations and experiences will be different depending upon plugins they're using, hardware in use, etc. Windows 10 will be supported for several years to come, so it's worth giving developers some time to work through any issues.

Comment

Here noticing much more pleasing eye candy for the Windows 11 desktop user relating to pop ups which as stated many times before doesn't make it an optimal OS for Homeseer running. You can get to seeing the hardware but it is layered down a bit more than Windows 10.

The above said it will be more work now to disable the new Windows 11 eye candy features than the old Windows 10 eye candy features.

I am dual booting desktops, laptops, tablets and have upgraded all of the Windows 10 now to Windows 11.

On the computer rack the computers are running BSD (PFSense and XigmaNAS) and Ubuntu server / lite desktop (HS3 and HS4 boxes)/ Windows VBs. (Windows only PCs running Windows server).

For 24/7 automation prefer to use Linux these days on Intel CPUs. (switching from ARM CPUs).
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X