• risquare
    replied
    Here is what I get

Search Results for: control panel
    No Results

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel and select it from the results.
    2. Select Programs > Programs and Features.
    3. Right-click the program you want to fix and select Repair, or if that's not available, select Change. Then follow the directions on the screen.

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Try doing a repair on your installation using the program and features control panel applet.
    Can you please tell me how to do it. Above is Chinese to me.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Try doing a repair on your installation using the program and features control panel applet.

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Are the files that it says are missing from the directories specified actually there or are they gone?

If gone, do you have another install loaded that you can copy the files from or do you have a backup of the HS directory?

A lot of time people will try to start HS with the task scheduler which is notorious for not setting the base internal path correctly. I.E. if HS just says \zwave.exe Windows will populate the prefix to C:\userxx\HS3\zwave.exe. That's why I asked you to start it directly from the home directory. If you start it with Explorer manually then the prefix patch is set.

Another way to check is to to look at the Environments Variables when HS is running to see just what the prefix paths are set to.

Oh yea, BTW, I'm a MAC-head but moonlight as a CIO in my spare time so I sort of know WinDoze!

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    George Thanks for the prompt response. First there is no reason that HS4 will end up in another directory. It is where it has always been. Regardless I followed your instructions and started it manually and I got that same result.

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Generally happens when the startup directory (the directory that HS is in) is not the directory you started HS4 in.
    Try shutting it down, use File Explorer to manually go to the directory which HS4.EXE is in.
    Manually start HS4 from there and then look at your logs. If messages are gone, that's your problem.

Post back if they are gone and there are a few ways you can make it all well again.

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    started a topic Missing files in HS4

Missing files in HS4

Not sure when and how it happened. Could be after the recent upgrade to the latest hs4 version. I'm getting this now. Needless to say that I didn't do anything whatsoever to HS files or directories.

11/22/2021 11:26:48 AM

HomeSeer
    Warning
    File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\spec.json
    11/22/2021 11:26:48 AM

HomeSeer
    Speaker
    Speaker host added, Name: White Instance: Default IP address: 127.0.0.1
    11/22/2021 11:26:47 AM

HomeSeer
    Warning
    File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\flasgger_static\lib\jquery.min.js

HomeSeer
    Warning
    File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\flasgger_static\swagger-ui-bundle.js

HomeSeer
    Warning
    File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\flasgger_static\swagger-ui-standalone-preset.js

Working...
X