Can Alexa read my devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Alexa read my devices?

I have few temperature sensors (Temp08 sensors) in the house, would it be possible to ask Alexa, what is the patio temperature?

If you set up an event with a voice command that reads the temp and does an HS Speak this should work. If you want Alexa to actually speak the temps that requires a ton more work. You should also investigate using something like NodeRed or Jons VoiceMonkey to see if these will work as well.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
      I have few temperature sensors (Temp08 sensors) in the house, would it be possible to ask Alexa, what is the patio temperature?
      If your happy to use the Homeseer Home Automation Skill (Tell / Ask Homeseer...) you can ask your question and tailor Alexa's output to what you want. It has replacement variables to substitute Homeseer values etc. Just requires my Alexa/Echo Skill helper.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

If your happy to use the Homeseer Home Automation Skill (Tell / Ask Homeseer...) you can ask your question and tailor Alexa's output to what you want. It has replacement variables to substitute Homeseer values etc. Just requires my Alexa/Echo Skill helper.
        I use Alexa Skill Helper to do exactly what OP is looking for
        tenholde

Comment

Big fan of Jon unfortunately not a big fan of saying Ask HomeSeer, I have a tendency to forget what I want to say next :-) I saw how capable that app is and it is impressive, I know Jon can not do anything about it, unfortunately. I have Nodered installed, could I do something with it to accomplish what I want to do? With Nodered, currently I can run an event that trigger Alexa to say something.

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
            Big fan of Jon unfortunately not a big fan of saying Ask HomeSeer, I have a tendency to forget what I want to say next :-) I saw how capable that app is and it is impressive, I know Jon can not do anything about it, unfortunately.
            Totally understand... Just to correct you slightly, you don't have to remember what to say (Apart from Alexa, Ask Homeseer). Provided you have words such as pool and temperature you can say:

Ask Homeseer what is the pool temperature
            Ask Homeseer to tell me the temperature of the pool
            Ask Homeseer the temperature of the pool

Etc All 3 will give you the correct response.

Anyway back to Nr guys to answer your question.

Jon

Comment

Working...
            X