Help with new TV and wattage fluctuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with new TV and wattage fluctuations

So, I use the aeon plug to turn my TV room lights back on to full bright white when I turn off the TV. I use the Wattage to determine when the TV is off. However, I just purchased a new Sony OLED TV and now the wattage seems to always be fluctuating. Even when I have turned the TV off. Plus when the TV is on, its' wattage is up and down. So now when I turn the TV off, my lights don't do what I want them to because the wattage doesn't fall below the state that I have tried to figure it to be to work. I can't seem to zero in on a good wattage because it fluctuates too much. Any suggestions?

Test the plug-in for 30 days...If you find it interesting then...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sony.png Views:	0 Size:	59.4 KB ID:	1510100

If you need help with it... spud

Tip : If connected to the Network, you could also set by Online/Offline/... There is another state I think is Waiting ...

Also go deep into the setting and check on the power saving setting you may have Hey! Google turned On and waiting for commands

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I was just asking in that forum if it works for HS4 and new Sony TV's. Thanks, I will give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
        I was just asking in that forum if it works for HS4 and new Sony TV's. Thanks, I will give it a go.
        Check on the "Tip" above as well.

Plus this if you are on HS4 : https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-oled (Or https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-bravia) And control with the HS Nodes : https://github.com/HomeSeer/node-red...-device-update

Click image for larger version

Name:	ioBroker Nodes.png
Views:	152
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	1510116

Life is Good!

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I solve this in my event like
          If wattage is below X for at least yY seconds then...

If the event system dont allow this then use counters like
          If wattage is set below Y then set counter to 0 seconds - start counter
          (might need to set a No retrigger option for some time)

In another event
          If counter becomes Y seconds then ....
          - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
          HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

I thought about that except then the lights won't come back on for a number of seconds that I have in the event. Because the wattage fluctuates so much. I will look at the log and see if I can pin it down to how many seconds between fluctuations.

Comment

Working...
            X