Factory reset on HomeTroller Plus - Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory reset on HomeTroller Plus - Solution

I'm a noobie who's wrapped around the axle trying to setup (forgot password etc.) and would like to do a factory reset and start over (HomeTroller Plus, HT-PLUS-G1). I googled for "factory reset" and got this:
    • Attach a monitor and keyboard to your HT-SEL.
    • Restart your HomeTroller.
    • Upon restart wait for the HomeSeer Start / Restore Menu to show.
    • Select the System Restore option.
    • Press Enter when it prompts to you select the restore option (ie SEL_SYSTEMRESTORE_XXXXXX
    I don't see the System Restore Menu option on startup. Is System Restore the same as factory reset?

If you just want to start over for HS4 you can just uninstall HS4, remove the HS4 directory, and install HS4 again from the HS downloads page.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Works. Thanks!

Comment

Is there any way to reset a Hometroller Plus without a keyboard and monitor (which I don't have...) - I am guessing I am an idiot and wrote down the ID or Password incorrectly.

Comment

You may not need to reset the Plus. Is it the HS4 username and password you've misplaced? You can reset the user accounts using these procedures:
          • Shut down HS4 by closing the HomeSeer HS4 program windows. Once it is closed, navigate to the HomeSeer HS4 program folder and open the Config folder, the default file path is C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Config.
          • From here, delete the users.cfg file. If you have file extensions hidden, this will appear as just "users".
          • Next, restart HS4. You will now be able to log in with the username and password "default".
          • Navigate to Setup, then the Users tab and add an account with your MyHS credentials and give it Admin and Local access, and you should be all set!
          If you look at the getting started guide there are instructions on how to use Remote Desktop to access the HT hub as well.
          https://homeseer.com/wp-content/uplo...-PLUS-QS-1.pdf
          See the section labeled - Alternate Ways to Access Your System

Comment

Thank you Rupp - your hint of "default" worked and got me in - and now we start down the replace Insteon ride. Thank you again.

Comment

Glad this helped. Let us know if you have any other questions or need assistance.

Comment

I’m having the same problem but after deleting the user file I tried to log in with “default” for username and password and still couldn’t get in the hub’s HS4 software. Also tried “default” with the HT Plus password and that didn’t work either. I’m new at this and after several hours trying I must be missing something. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comment

Tried a few more times and finally got “default” for username and password to get in the HT Plus software. Glad you posted the instructions otherwise I would still be scratching my head on what yo do! Thanks.

Comment

Worth reemphasizing that the default userid is "default" AND the default password is also "default" And worth suggesting changing the password once you are comfortable with the inner workings of the system.

Comment

Finally after a few iterations of deleting the users.cfg file to get back to using "default" for the username and password and a brief conversation today with the Tech Support folks (thanks!) I was able to add me as a new user, using the same username and password used for MYHS account, and ensured Edit Password, Admin User, and Use when Local were selected for my new entry I then deleted the "default" user then selected "Save". Finally it worked and my new user name and password can access the hub software from a browser or from the mobile MYHS app!

Comment

I still remember the pain from the upgrade to HS3 and have not been looking forward to deploying the Hometroller Pro HT-Pro-G1 with HS4. So today was the day, and I am already in trouble. Upon initial powerup and the hs4 install I canceled out of hs4 setup and thought I had reset the workgroup and computer name, and upon reboot, I can't do squat. Now, Hometroller doesn't even attempt to load, and Windows wants a password. It does supply a password hint of hst4, which is rejected. I did try the hsthsths4 found online when using RDP. Nope. So, circling back to this thread's original question, is there a factory reset that restores Windows and hs4 to its as shipped state? I have an additional handicap; the only monitor I have is tiny and very hard to read. I have loved hs for over twenty years, but find I'm getting too old to learn new tricks...
                        -Rick

Comment

Disregard my plea for help. I tried alt f4 and ctrl alt del to try and use a different user. No dice. However, I was able to remote desktop to it and I was successful in changing the user, and then thsthsths4 worked as a password.
                          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Kwinsteon View Post
                            Tried a few more times and finally got “Fumigation Services in Karachi for username and password to get in the HT Plus software. Glad you posted the instructions otherwise I would still be scratching my head on what yo do! Thanks.

Same

Comment

Working...
                            X