Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RTSP Video Streams - Unifi Cameras and HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTSP Video Streams - Unifi Cameras and HomeSeer?

I've seen some chatter on here that some people have gotten Unifi cameras to work with HomeSeer via RTSP. However, when I've tried to add the RTSP stream to HomeSeer I get nothing. Has anyone had luck using the RTSP video stream from Unifi cameras with HomeSeer? Support says they only support a couple of brands of cameras. Seems weird though as I thought RTSP was a standard and any camera that had RTSP should be compatible. Would love some insights on this.

Thanks!

Can you have look at this document (Page 10) : https://dl.ubnt.com/guides/unifivide...i_Video_UG.pdf If you can find something that can help...

Sorry I use Home Remote and Synology NAS so I can't break down that guide...

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      Can you have look at this document (Page 10) : https://dl.ubnt.com/guides/unifivide...i_Video_UG.pdf If you can find something that can help...

Sorry I use Home Remote and Synology NAS so I can't break down that guide...

Eman.
      Thanks for the response Eman. Actually I was planning on starting development using Home Remote for my whole house Smart Screen. I do also have a Synology NAS. I'm using the Cloud Key gen2 with unifi Protect. There really isn't much in the way of settings for RTSP in Unifi. It's really very easy, I just toggle RTSP on for whatever camera I choose and toggle for the resolution I want and then I'm provided with two links (secure and unsecured RTSP URLs). All I should have to do is put one of those URLs in HomeSeer and that should be that. Can anyone shed some light as to why HomeSeer would have trouble with a standard like RTSP?

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post

Thanks for the response Eman. Actually I was planning on starting development using Home Remote for my whole house Smart Screen. I do also have a Synology NAS. I'm using the Cloud Key gen2 with unifi Protect. There really isn't much in the way of settings for RTSP in Unifi. It's really very easy, I just toggle RTSP on for whatever camera I choose and toggle for the resolution I want and then I'm provided with two links (secure and unsecured RTSP URLs). All I should have to do is put one of those URLs in HomeSeer and that should be that. Can anyone shed some light as to why HomeSeer would have trouble with a standard like RTSP?
        Looking in, they ventured into the camera business so they monopolised the code to favour their brand of cameras and that's why they can't put any meaningful code like OnVif into the software to undercut themselves... Yes, then produce advanced cameras!...

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Have a read of their doc and you will need to add the Snapshot for the camera and that should be something like…

http://camera_direct_ip/snap.jpeg
          This the not the CK2 up address but the camera’s assigned IP address.

https://docs.homeseer.com/plugins/se.../view/17466589

Comment

Well here's some food for thought. I accepted that they only support their cameras and Foscam/Amcrest, so I went ahead and purchased an Amcrest camera. I successfully set up the camera on my network, and can view the live stream from its app and a web browser. HomeSeer detects the camera automatically and I added the credentials as requested. However, I STILL get a blank screen with no camera image at all. I submitted this issue as a support ticket. Let's see what they say about an officially supported camera. Hopefully, I'll get some more productive help this time.

Comment

Did you try using the snapshot URL option as the RTSP is is in beta and hasn't been worked on for a while.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Did you try using the snapshot URL option as the RTSP is is in beta and hasn't been worked on for a while.
                I hadn't tried the snapshot URL option for the Amcrest camera as I was expecting it to work with streaming since it is an officially "supported" camera. Am I correct in understanding that if I use the snapshot URL I'm not going to get streaming but simply a still?

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post

I hadn't tried the snapshot URL option for the Amcrest camera as I was expecting it to work with streaming since it is an officially "supported" camera. Am I correct in understanding that if I use the snapshot URL I'm not going to get streaming but simply a still?
                  My previous post snapshot url is for UniFi Camera.

Comment

Okay. I was able to successfully connect the Amcrest and my Unifi cameras via the snapshot URL. Looks like there are moving videos but it's like a super low frame rate. In order to get this to work with Unifi cameras, I had to enable allow anonymous snapshots from the specific camera I wanted to use. See the following instructions on how to connect to the camera if it's been adopted to a Unifi NVR: https://jjj.blog/2019/12/get-snap-jp...otect-cameras/. After you enable the snapshot access, then just use the following path format: http://[Camera IP]/snap.jpeg

Comment

One question though. There doesn't seem to be a way to remove a camera that was automatically adopted to HomeSeer. Any Ideas?

Comment

How did you get the Amcrest added? HS4 autodetected it and I can move the camera around with PTZ but no video feed in HS.

Comment

Working...
                        X