Device Updates Not Showing Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Updates Not Showing Up

What could be causing the device status not updating even though events are apparent in log? Simple door open and close, obvious in log but no update on device screen.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob,
    Are you talking about showing up in the HS GUI or web interface? If you assign a device string to a device then the default status's will no longer appear. Is it a device that you have changed?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The porblem is in the HS GUI. All I have done is change the display values as follows, Not ready = On and displays as Open and secure = Off and displays as Closed. I did this in the device action interface.

Rob

Comment

Rob,
        This is the way it works. If you look the stat web page do your values show up?

Comment

Rupp -

The values are not showing up correctly in the web interface either. The odd thing is that after I restarted the system this AM the front door started showing status correctly in both locations (web and HS GUI) but other devices, both doors and motion sensors were not showing correctly.

The log showed the activity and lighting control scripts ran, the status was simply not updating.

Any more thoghts?

Rob

Comment

Rob,
            On the device actions tab did you simply keyin "Not ready" or "Not ready = On " for a device that you set the command to on ?

Comment

Rupp -

I have attached two .jpg files showing my trigger and device action set-ups.

Any further comments would be appreciated.

Rob
              Attached Files

Comment

Rob,
                Ah HA it's related to the HAI Plugin. I would recommend reposting this in the HAI forum.

Comment

Rupp -

I did some additional testing and I am not convinced it is a problem with the HAI plug-in.

I deleted the events associated with the device, the front door contact for example, and then opened and closed the door. The event was properly displayed in the log, the current status was correct and the last change column was correct.

Then I went to my garage, to do this I had to open the door from the mudroom to the garage (held it open as I was standing in the doorway), I opened and closed one of my garage doors, with an electric opener (according to the log it was open for 10 seconds), I then shut the door to the garage. The status and last update was correct for the door to the garage but the garage door last update was wrong.

I went back and opened the garage door and left it open, and low and behold the status and the last change are correct.

Is there a minimum time interval that the condition needs to be changed in order for HS to register it? I am not sure the deleting and re-creating the events had any impact because I did the other testing after I did that. It was just a way of getting back to the beginning.

I am thoroughly confused...

Rob

Comment

If you use the display string setting in the event properties, the status will not update unless the event is triggered. As a test, create a new config file, re-add the device you are monitoring and see if the status changes ok. If so, the problem is related to setting the device strings in the events.

Comment

Rich -

I created a new device and am still having the same trouble. Again, let me say it is not the current status of the device that is wrong, it is the last change that is not being recorded.

All events and triggers are visible in the log.

What is your next suggestion?

Rob

Comment

Which version of HomeSeer are you using? What type of device is changing status? Is it a device you have created (standard X10 device), or is it a device that was created by a plugin?

Comment

Rob,
                          Try creating a brand new XML file and add only one new device to this file light a light switch. Your device view would only have this one device. Does that work?

Comment

Rich -

I am using version 1.7.25. The devices are alarm contacts that I created that represent my doors. The triggers are HAI zone change events. When I created the new device you suggested earlier it updated for the first time from unknown to the event time. It is from the second time on that the last change does not get updated.

I have not yet tried Rupp's suggestion of a new xml file.

Rob

Comment

AH HA Rob,
                              Your looking at the Last Change column. This will not update unless when the device string is being set is followed buy a true. So it would be like hs.SetDeviceString "A1", "testing", True

Comment

Working...
                              X