X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC1
    replied
    Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
    TC1 - wow how in the world have I missed that???

T
    Ummm... you're trying to juggle a million and one other things in your life?

Leave a comment:

• ts1234
    replied
    TC1 - wow how in the world have I missed that???

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
    mulu - Thanks! I'm sure I'll wait a few versions before I load it...but that will be handy. Now if I could just figure out make my laptop come back up on its own if the power was out long enough the UPS and its own battery ran out.
    There should be a setting in the BIOS on any modern PC (more than the last decade) to indicate the power state once power is restored. You can choose for the laptop to remain off, power on, or last known state.

Leave a comment:

• ts1234
    replied
    mulu - Thanks! I'm sure I'll wait a few versions before I load it...but that will be handy. Now if I could just figure out make my laptop come back up on its own if the power was out long enough the UPS and its own battery ran out.

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    You kind of already have your answer. If your computer restarts for whatever reason or you simply reboot it there is no need to log in or start the program manually (for the later part you could do auto start upon login). It increases availability of HS better and adds some convenience. You also have the convenience/options of Windows services. You won't see HS4 in the taskbar anymore which for some is good, some not but of course it is still available through the web interface. I really like this feature, though there are more pressing issues to solve (my opinion...)

Leave a comment:

• ts1234
    started a topic HS4 as a Windows Service - Benefits?

HS4 as a Windows Service - Benefits?

Right now, I'm just curious.

I was always a network guy, not a software or server tech.

Why do I want to run HS4 as a service? I can see that it would launch before logging in...which would be nice I guess if I had automatic updates turned on maybe.

I keep them off on my standalone HS4 server/laptop so it won't reboot.

Working...
X