Comcast email stopped working with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comcast email stopped working with Homeseer

I have found that Xfinity/Comcast email has stopped working today. I have two installations of HS3, and in both cases I am getting POP Server errors:
    Dec-06 2:05:46 PM Error Unable to connect to POP server(1) mail.comcast.net Error: Please connect first.
    Dec-06 2:05:46 PM Error Unable to connect to POP server(2) mail.comcast.net Error: No such host is known
    Is anyone else seeing this? I'm wondering if Xfinity changed something so HS3 email doesn't work any more. It seems to be a problem of HS3 not being able to receive email. Sending still seems to work but it is much slower.

Just a follow up to my first post. Turns out the comcast mail issue was a symptom not the cause. The problem was I had Malwarebytes doing rootkit analysis, which filled up my hard drive. This combo apparently also caused my dns lookups to get messed up, so I was having intermittent problems with email, ecobee and other aspects of HS3 that relied on external connections.
    I uninstalled Malwarebytes and did a clean installation without root kit analysis. All is better. I hope this helps someone in the future. It took me 10 days to get to the bottom of it.

Comment

Working...
    X