Trouble with Schlage Locks / HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with Schlage Locks / HS4

So, I scrubbed my whole HS3 system and I’m starting from scratch with HS4 on a dedicated windows 10 server. I probably have 75 plus devices - HS switches, dimmers, outlets, motions, locks etc. have started adding devices back and its going fine. I have five Schlage locks. Three of them are later models with the inclusion buttons. I had a hard time getting some of them included but they are all on the network now. However, they are very sketchy from a response standpoint. Response is delayed or may not happen at all. I don’t have all of my switches and outlets added back yet. Do you think they need more devices on the mesh? I’m using a SmartStick+. I’m wondering its problematic. Should I upgrade to a Znet? Thanks in advance.

How far are your locks from your SmartStick? What issues did you have adding the locks?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Various distances. The closest one is 12 ft. The furthest is probably 50 ft. I have no issue with any other devices at these distances.

As for adding the locks, I would get incomplete device info from the locks so they would show up as generic devices. In a couple of cases, changing the batteries fixed this but they still do not respond in a timely manner. I ordered a Z-Net interface to eliminate any issues that may be a result of the SmartStick+. Will see what happens when I get it. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

I had issues adding my FE599 securely to my HS4. I had to do what you did and make sure I had fresh batteries and had to bring my lock about 1 foot to my Smartstick during the inclusion process then installed the lock to my door.

Comment

Working...
        X