Jasco Z-Wave Motion Switch troubles with motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jasco Z-Wave Motion Switch troubles with motion

So I had one of these switches already, which everything worked fine - but after adding 3 more I found 2 of them got added in a strange state...

1st red flag was that instead of one Switch child device there were 2 switch child devices (easy enough, delete the second one)
    2nd problem was Motion state not being reported at all. I am on v4.1.18.0 (Windows) for what it's worth.

The problem isn't firmware related (all say "GE-Jasco Switch-Sensor Version 5.39") nor related to Light Sensor (although mine are set to Disable) or the setting Occupancy vs. Vacancy (I am using one of each)... but for anyone else with this problem here was my fix...

Go into the "home security" child device (that's the motion sensor) then delete it using the red button at the bottom.
    Then go into the main/node device, then z-wave tab, manage, and hit the blue rescan button at the top.
    It will then re-create the Home Security child device, although it will be named "Home Security 2" which you can rename back to "Home Security"
    This also requires any events you have like: "xxxx changes and becomes motion" to be updated since the child device was deleted and put back.

Any any case, now the motion detection gets reports to HomeSeer and the events work. Hopefully this helps someone else.
Working...
X