Issue's adding devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue's adding devices

I'm looking for some guidance/advice when adding devices to my system. I have a pile of Innovelli switches which work great, but getting them onto the system has been a bit of a pain. It went very smoothly at first, but the farther away I get the more often I start having issues. For what it's worth once a switch is added it seems to work great. Generally one of two things is happening.

1. During the inclusion process the switch is added but I get some warning text that some central scenes couldn't be loaded. I can turn the switch on and off through the web interface but it's usually missing the power readings. I can exclude and include it several times and it will eventually work properly.

2. During the inclusion process I get a security warning. I generally have issues excluding the device and have to reset the switch and remove bad node to get rid of the switch to try again. Usually after several times it will eventually work.

Besides moving closer to the switches (homeseer is running on a small media-pc type desktop) is there any way to do this faster. For example in 1 is there a way to tell the switch from the web interface to try and get the data it's missing instead of removing and re-adding over and over. Once it's on the network the number of powered nodes I have make the network very reliable, however getting them onto the network has started to become challenging.

Hello,
    For my older Z-Wave devices I bought a 50ft powered USB extension cable to use when adding remote devices and it works great. Most newer Z-Wave devices will add and then you can do a rescan on them to "pick" up the attributes that were missed during the inclusion.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

on my older zwave, I had a ztroller which runs off of batteries so that worked for me...
      now I have a z-net and while it does wifi, i have it setup via rj45 to which I have a long cable and will move it around as well. i have a jack in the kitchen that I plug into and can go 25ft in any direction to stretch the reach.
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I never thought of using a powered USB cable. I may have one lying around and give that a try. I could move the PC tho it'll be a pain. Tho if I can get homeseer to open on startup maybe I can just turn it on and not use a mouse or keyboard or monitor. It seems from a previous issue shutting down/restarting homeseer is a bit odd

Comment

I use a laptop to include devices, especially those that may be a ways away. Any laptop with 4G of ram and a 120G of drive will work. I have HS4 on one that has those very specs and have never had an issue with anything. Plus a laptop has a built in battery backup! Just an idea.

Comment

Working...
          X