ID:	1515272
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	128
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1515273

Comment

Yup. I'm blind. ☹
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

When a new user purchases software or a hub from us, they get an email with links to all our help assets. They can also get them by clicking the "Help" link at the top of homeseer.com.

Likewise, if anyone visits our documentation site (docs.homeseer.com), the first link on that page is for the HS4 Knowledge Base. Clicking that opens another page with these links:
        • Getting Started
        • Core Features
        • Getting Help
        That said, if anyone has suggestion on how to simplify the journey for new users, let me know.
        Total newbie here. I’ve been reading myself to sleep for days and days here in the community hoping to get answers to my many questions. I have learned very little other than I’m not the only one struggling to get the basic knowledge of HomeSeer. My advice is to start over. Sorry for the low blow, but I, as well as others in this forum, have read through the HS help pages, watched videos (both by HS and on YouTube) and reviewed countless screen shots. There are far more documents and videos that are outdated than there are current. I started with HS4 and most of what I find is about HS3. On that note, can I downgrade to HS3?

Some further suggestions would be to 1. offer webinars of different learning levels. Q&A at the end would also teach you what the newbies are struggling with. 2. Offer classes for a fee. I’ve wasted so many hours trying to learn this system it’d be far better for me to spend hundreds on some classes where I can just ask a question and get an answer.

If any of these are implemented PLEASE let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Adoormatt View Post

Total newbie here. I’ve been reading myself to sleep for days and days here in the community hoping to get answers to my many questions. I have learned very little other than I’m not the only one struggling to get the basic knowledge of HomeSeer. My advice is to start over. Sorry for the low blow, but I, as well as others in this forum, have read through the HS help pages, watched videos (both by HS and on YouTube) and reviewed countless screen shots. There are far more documents and videos that are outdated than there are current. I started with HS4 and most of what I find is about HS3. On that note, can I downgrade to HS3?

Some further suggestions would be to 1. offer webinars of different learning levels. Q&A at the end would also teach you what the newbies are struggling with. 2. Offer classes for a fee. I’ve wasted so many hours trying to learn this system it’d be far better for me to spend hundreds on some classes where I can just ask a question and get an answer.

If any of these are implemented PLEASE let me know!
          That's a great ide, but I would not expect that in the near future.

Ask your questions on the forum - there's a ton of knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Personally, I could not have gotten my system to where it is without help from the members of this forum.

And on another note - yes it was a steep learning curve nd a struggle - in the end though, it was worth every second! As always, YMMV

Comment

This is a totally inane logical argument about what can be found and what can't. That simply isn't the point. Considering the youtube channel, in the last 4 years there have been 8 HST videos, and only 3 of those mention HS4, and those assume that the viewer already understands how home automation works. The incomprehensible mishmash of the current documents is useless to somebody that comes to Homeseer Home Automation as a novice. It is a compendium of what Richard Feynman called "Obfuscating Generalities." It is like the frustration of a person trying to learn a foreign language and being sent to encyclopedias and dictionaries written in the foreign language for an explanation.

Speaking of Feynman, let's let him tell us what documentation should be and do in order to teach the reader...... here.
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
            X