Can't find switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find switch

Hi Everyone. I am an absolute noobie with HomeSeer, having spent the last 30 years or so with X10.

I purchased a Hometroller Plus G1, with a Nortek HUSBZB-1, and an HS-WX300 switch. After many frustrating hours, I finally figuring out that the Hometroller is a micro pc and you need to access it directly, and not through a network connection, I configured the Nortek HUSBZB-1, but am unable to add the switch.

The add/include Z-wave gui works, and tries to locate the switch - which I put in enabled mode, but times out and fails. I have tried this many times without success. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - please be gentle, this is my first time with Homeseer!

Roger

Hi Reodds
    Have you seen or used Z-tool+. It is an app on your cellphone. It allows you to put the controller in include mode from your phone. Then start the include mode on the device, and it will show you what is happening. This allows you to move your controller (and use wifi) right next to the device, which is often necessary to get them to talk to each other. You then don't need keyboard or display.
    Might be worth a try
    Bruce

Comment

If there is a lot of distance between the switch and the hub, this could explain why you can't add it. So you tried to add in non-secure mode? BTW, what do you mean you you can't access through a network connection? Adding/removing Z-wave devices in general require direct access to the z-wave interface.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

+1 for Z-Tool to add/remove Z-Wave devices.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          If there is a lot of distance between the switch and the hub, this could explain why you can't add it. So you tried to add in non-secure mode? BTW, what do you mean you you can't access through a network connection? Adding/removing Z-wave devices in general require direct access to the z-wave interface.
          First, thanks to all who have responded. I have one room in between the hub and the switch, so 2 walls. I don't understand what "add in a no-secure mode" means. I originally thought that I could access the hub through my home network, and add devices that way. I did not understand that I needed to be directly connected to the z-wave interface, which in my case is connected to the hubs USB port.

I have tried the Z-tool+ app, with negative results. Is there a way to tell the hub the "address" of the switch? I also noted taking a picture of the QR code on the switch itself - can hat be done, and if so, through what app?

Thanks again for the continued help!

Roger

Comment

Update, I messed around with Z-tool+ again, and this time, for some reason it worked! Can't really say why, but it added the light.

Thanks again for all who responded to my plea!

A great Holiday to all!

Roger

Comment

Glad you got it working. When I mentioned directly connected, I meant not going through another node (mesh). Its all RF - so no direct physical connection.
              Anyway, sounds like you're on your way.
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
              X