Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Z-Uno 2 from Z-Wave.me is now available in the US

From Z-Wave.me

"Z-Uno is the first and only easy to use developer board that allows you to create your own Z-Wave device without deep knowledge of Z-Wave protocol or programming. Z-Uno is a mix of Z-Wave home automation radio protocol power and Arduino simplicity. Being inspired by Arduino project Z-Uno inherits all concepts of easy-to-use hardware and software solutions, keeping maximum flexibility."

Click image for larger version

Name:	z-uno 2.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1517271

Click image for larger version

Name:	z-uno.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1517272

That is really a game changer. It’ll let people create their own custom Z Wave devices.

Comment

This is awesome. This should level the play9ing field with the ESP based maker devices and some of the things you are able to do in HASS that are more difficult to do in HS.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
        This is awesome. This should level the play9ing field with the ESP based maker devices and some of the things you are able to do in HASS that are more difficult to do in HS.
        Could you give some of examples of things that are easier to do with Z-Wave in HAAS than in Homeseer? I'm trying to get a little deeper into Z-Wave so just asking for general information.

Comment

HASS has a full ESPHome plugin kit built into the system so that if you build ESPhome compatible sensors and such they are easily viewable and trackable within HASS. The ability to do something similar with this Z-Wave device means that we can leverage already existing Z-Wave plugins to do the same thing with great customization.

I have not dug too deeply into just how customizable this device will be, but if it makes similar things as ESPHome available to HS with Z-Wave while giving the added benefit of strengthening the Z-Wave network then I am all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
            HASS has a full ESPHome plugin kit built into the system so that if you build ESPhome compatible sensors and such they are easily viewable and trackable within HASS. The ability to do something similar with this Z-Wave device means that we can leverage already existing Z-Wave plugins to do the same thing with great customization.

I have not dug too deeply into just how customizable this device will be, but if it makes similar things as ESPHome available to HS with Z-Wave while giving the added benefit of strengthening the Z-Wave network then I am all for it.
            You can easily use ESPHome with HomeSeer. I have the ESPHome UI installed on my HomeSeer system along with kriz83's ESPHome Software Plugin for HS4.

I can create and edit devices using the ESPHome UI (just like in HASS) and have them connect to HomeSeer via MQTT. The only difference between using ESPHome with HomeSeer vs. using it with Home Assistant is that ESPHome has built-in libraries to use the Home Assistant API so using MQTT is not necessary.

Comment

Working...
            X