• Show
Clear All

Help with log entry

I'm seeing this in the log about every two seconds:

12/31/2021 1:04:00 PM
    HomeSeer
    Web Server
    Web Server authorized login successful from: 172.93.217.246 User: admin

I don't recognize the IP. It seems to be occupying a lot of HS time happening so often and I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone help?
    Thanx!!

After googling the IP address it appears to belong to NORD VPN. But don't understand why it would be loggin in repeatedly.

It looks like someone is trying to hack into your system. I'd recommend using a non-standard port (not 80) and block access to your system from the internet.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You might consider doing a little hardening. I know the HomeTroller Plus Smart Home Hub is not very secure out of the box. Change both the admin password and user name. Disable the "homeseer" account and create a new obscure name as its replacement. They are both well known and easy to find on the net. For your remote access, set it up so it only comes from your IP address range or other trusted devices. In my opinion, there is a lot that should be done to harden these devices just like you would any connected device.

Comment

Working...
      X