Doorbell Amcrest AD410 & Alexa & BI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doorbell Amcrest AD410 & Alexa & BI

I currently have a Skybell doorbell. However, I am having some issues with it and it doesn't allow me to use it through BI (Blue Iris). It seems the Amcrest AD410 allows integration with BI, though only via WiFi (I would have preferred Ethernet). But the main question is how it integrates with HS. I want to make announcements via our Alexa devices (we don't have a physical gong). Has somebody done this and if so how?

Here is the circuit configured for my Hikvision Doorbell. You can utilize the current sensor to trigger a Z-Wave contact switch. For Homeseer I have the video view via RTSP and JPG. Guessing that you have ONVIF JPG on your Amcrest AD410.

The Elk-960 is a debounce circuit which you do not need to use.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HikvisionDB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.4 KB ID:	1518113

The video goes to the Amazon Alexa Show announces and shows a video pop up when some one rings the doorbell. I use Monocle for Alexa.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      I currently have a Skybell doorbell. However, I am having some issues with it and it doesn't allow me to use it through BI (Blue Iris). It seems the Amcrest AD410 allows integration with BI, though only via WiFi (I would have preferred Ethernet). But the main question is how it integrates with HS. I want to make announcements via our Alexa devices (we don't have a physical gong). Has somebody done this and if so how?
      I'm using an AD410 along with amcrest2mqtt running on an rpi for integration with HS4 via mcsMQTT. It works well.

amcrest2mqtt exposes 125 separate pieces of data from the AD410, most of which are AI related and not useful to me. I use only motion, human detect, doorbell press and online status.
      -Wade

Comment

Pete I am not quite sure what a "z-wave contact switch" is. I tried to google this but all I could find relays based devices that can be controlled via z-wave. What I would need is something that I can control from the current sensing switch that then will then set the status of that z-wave device.

Wade I guess I don't really need an rpi but I could just run this on the same Win10 PC on which HS runs. I looked at the code and it's just some Python code. This would allow me to not have to deal with another device.

Comment

Z-Wave contact switch mentioned would be suggested if you are currently using Z-Wave.

Something like a Mimo ZWave contact switch. You would first adjust the current sensor so that the switch closes on a doorbell ring. Then connect the current sensor to a contact sensor. It is very reasonably priced. Another methodology would be to utilize your chime with a magnetic contact sensor inside the chime that would trigger a contact sensor. This is even more cost effective since the magetic contact switches are around $1 each. You would have to fit the contact switch and magnetic switch inside of your chime or just pass the wires to the contact switch.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Z-Wa...ps%2C89&sr=8-4

Here utilize my OmniPro 2 panel and originally used an Elk 930 current sensor which did not work with the Hikvision Doorbell. (IE: it did work with the Ring doorbell).

You could utilize the contact switch to trigger a virtual doorbell ring with Homeseer ==> audio out or Homeseer ==> Alexa ==>

Found over time that the hardware PIR sensor in the Hikvision Doorbell was too sensitive so I do not use it anymore. Rather put an outdoor battery operated 433Mhz PIR facing the door which is working today.

For a while here also was using an ONVIF to MQTT trigger from the hardware PIR built in to the Video Doorbell.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
            Wade I guess I don't really need an rpi but I could just run this on the same Win10 PC on which HS runs. I looked at the code and it's just some Python code. This would allow me to not have to deal with another device.
            Sure. I have a lightly loaded rpi that runs a couple other python scripts and my MQTT broker so I installed it there.
            -Wade

Comment

Since there are always multiple methods, thought I would add my comments. This is dependent upon having a Synology NAS thou. I've got the Amcrest AD410 integrated with Synology Surveillance Station (SSS) to record the video and the SSS plugin for HS installed. Keeps my video out of the cloud. Action rules within SSS can trigger motion alerts within HS. subtle share how to setup Action Rules here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ca...ue#post1518307

I will say my AD410 has a lot of false motion alerts. I ended up disabling on the camera GUI and using SSS for motion detection instead.

Comment

Originally posted by RRR View Post
                I will say my AD410 has a lot of false motion alerts. I ended up disabling on the camera GUI and using SSS for motion detection instead.
                Agree. A useful feature when motion detection is handled externally is that motion detection on the AD410 can be disabled while human detection remains enabled.
                -Wade

Comment

Working...
                X