Suggestion for date option in HS4 events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for date option in HS4 events

It would be handy to have an option in event dates to choose the 'x' DAY of the 'y' WEEK in the 'z' MONTH of any YEAR. This would be useful in programming events with occur at times such as Daylight Savings or Earth Hour. Could this be put in a future update?

Update, I should have said BEFORE of AFTER the date in my first post. It would be an update to group conditions.

Comment

For daylight savings and holidays the currently available Conditions work fine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	80988239-53FD-48C1-839B-0E8C320F5A36.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	1519161

Click image for larger version

Name:	17FA5F1E-745D-4673-AD3C-0B67DD6ED22B.jpeg
Views:	133
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1519167

There are lots of date options as described here.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I see that option, but I don't see how to make a group condition where an event only occurs during Standard Time. ie. before Daylight Savings starts and after It ends. Your suggestion seems to only apply on the date where it switches.

Comment

You just need one more step in addition to Randy's suggestion. Set an event that triggers on the second Sunday in March, the action is to set a virtual device called Daylight Savings to be True/On. In the group condition simply test if the virtual device status is On.

setup a corresponding event that turns off the virtual device on the first Sunday in November.

Comment

OK, that works. It's a little convoluted with the specific date pick only in group conditions, but it works, Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by garypcollins@rogers.com View Post
              OK, that works. It's a little convoluted with the specific date pick only in group conditions, but it works, Thanks.
              Your statement confuses me. The specific dates or days are in Conditions as well as Group Conditions. There is no need to use Group Conditions for this.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

OK, I found it. It was under ANDIF, not IF. In group conditions it shows up under IF. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X