Zooz ZSE18 - No Motion in Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zooz ZSE18 - No Motion in Log

So the Zooz tech support for this product is pretty spotty, and I am hoping the forum members can assist. I needed a new motion sensor and the HS sensor is not available so I found the Zooz model. When it became included into HS4, the settings are different from the HS model, and while the blue LED lights on motion, the log file never sees the event.

I am including screenshots of both the HS and Zooz sensors for comparison. Any pointers appreciated.
    Attached Files

To rule out the simple stuff... is Do not log checked in the feature settings?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	29.7 KB ID:	1519923
    -Wade

Comment

Hi Wade,

All four features of the device have the 'Do Not Log' unchecked.

Comment

What does the log say when you trigger the sensor. If it's triggered and anything is received the ZWave plugin should record that it received something from the sensor and what data it received and which device it set.

Note that in the below the node 44, ref 717 was handled by the Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler and the device was set to a value 0 or OFF
        Jan-11 6:33:50 PM Z-Wave Device: 2nd Master Bed Room Dresser Lamp Set to OFF
        Jan-11 6:33:50 PM Z-Wave Setting device Dresser Lamp to value 0 Network: E5CB4660 Node: 44 Device Ref: 717
        Jan-11 6:33:50 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: 2nd Z-Wave Dresser MultiLevel - MultiLevel Root, Child:2nd Master Bed Room Dresser Lamp
        Jan-11 6:33:50 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for 2nd Master Bed Room Dresser Lamp, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3, EndPoint=0
        Jan-11 6:33:50 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is 2nd Master Bed Room Dresser Lamp
        Jan-11 6:33:50 PM Z-Wave Payload1 zd is not nothing
        Jan-11 6:33:50 PM Z-Wave Payload1: 26-03-00-00-00-CA-00-30
        Jan-11 6:33:50 PM Z-Wave Frame: 26-03-00-00-00-CA-00-30
        Jan-11 6:33:50 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from Network: E5CB4660 Node: 44 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3 Frame(7)=3

Comment

That's the problem, is that the blue LED will light when motion happens, but the log file shows no activity. All it shows for the node is the wake up events once a day.

Comment

Weird, and it included successfully?

What is the node and what does the node information say about it?

Does it have all the correct children on the Z-Wave node itself, and I assume on the correct network.

Try the below in the order shown:
            1. Bring up the Device Properties and try a Test Connectivity. If that works, try a Audit this Node.
            2. If it still doesn't receive, then do a Rescan Device (on the device Z-Wave properties tab).
              That will reset all the internal HS data as if it was freshly included. See now if the device works and report
            3. If not, finally some debugging: What do Parameters 12, 14 and 18 say. They are all 1 byte parameters.

To find out what they are set for without setting a setting, just select the parameter in the Settings section and leave the value blank.
              If blank the plugin will pull the current parameter setting from the device.
            We'll get this sorted.

I have the ZSE40 and it works very well.

Oh, also, ZooZ recommends and I think it's really a good thing to include the sensor as close to the transceiver as you can, as it's a battery device.
            Then once it's working, you can then move it, do the Test Connectivity and you're then safe to do a Optimize on that device for it to assign a new path in the network to it.

Just doing the stuff I would do in troubleshooting.

Comment

Thanks, George! The problem was that I had originally added the device too far from the SmartStick+. After removing the node and re-adding it, then I acquired all the proper devices, and the item works very well now.

Comment

Originally posted by DLONG2 View Post
                Thanks, George! The problem was that I had originally added the device too far from the SmartStick+. After removing the node and re-adding it, then I acquired all the proper devices, and the item works very well now.
                Cool!

Comment

Working...
                X