Help with improving some logic in event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with improving some logic in event

I have two events that I want to find which is more reliable and/or alternative suggestions. Option 1 works, but not consistently. I find the lights doe not always turn off after the set times. Option 2 works as well, but I wanted to avoid having to use the "cancel delayed action" once motion is detected again, whereas, for option 1, I believe as soon as motion is detected again, the timer resets. Looking for some advice:

1) I have two motion sensors in a easy trigger group (uppermotion). The value 0 is no motion and 8 is motion. Assume motion sensors resets after 15 seconds. I want to turn off a light with no motion from either motion sensor after 2 minutes.

In option 1, what happens if you change the AND IF to ALL devices instead of Any?

Comment

My apologies, this is a typo, I recreated simplified versions for the purpose of posting this question on the forum, option 1 should of said "ALL" in the AND IF. I've updated the image here
      Attached Files

Comment

I can't see any reason option 1 would be unreliable, but I would try changing the trigger to a recurring trigger of 10 seconds and add a condition of the upper hallway switch not equal to Off to keep the event from running if the light is already off.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I would of thought this could "add" to the zwave loading, but I definitely would give this a try to see if it does help make it more reliable. But before that, if you say the logic is agreeable in option 1, I will keep testing/monitoring for reliability first. Thanks!

Originally posted by randy View Post
          I can't see any reason option 1 would be unreliable, but I would try changing the trigger to a recurring trigger of 10 seconds and add a condition of the upper hallway switch not equal to Off to keep the event from running if the light is already off.

Comment

Working...
          X