Aeotec Smart Switch 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Smart Switch 7

Has anyone installed this switch and been able to set parameters 101 power settings and parameter 111 reporting times for parameter 101. I get ERROR after setting the parameters. This device is fairly new.

Did you make sure that you matched up the 1 - 2 - 4 byte parameter length? You'll get that if you try to store a 4 byte parameter and specify only a 1 byte write.

Comment

Parameter 101 decimal 15, 4 bytes.
      Parameter 111 decimal 60, 4 bytes.

I get an error in the decimal box after I set the parameters.

Parameter 111 reports every 20 mins.

Comment

This issue is resolved. The web site sent me to the wrong settings for the Smart Switch 7. The parameters is19 for the volts, amps and KW settings. Parameter 24 is for the report times for parameter 19. Be sure to look for Smart Switch 7 ZWA023. Also be advised that I actually was able to set the parameters by using plugin "Zwave Parameters". Great Plugin...

Comment

Originally posted by ralnet View Post
          This issue is resolved. The web site sent me to the wrong settings for the Smart Switch 7. The parameters is19 for the volts, amps and KW settings. Parameter 24 is for the report times for parameter 19. Be sure to look for Smart Switch 7 ZWA023. Also be advised that I actually was able to set the parameters by using plugin "Zwave Parameters". Great Plugin...
          Can you list out your settings? I’m having trouble getting this switch to report any wats, amps, voltage, or kWh. Thanks
          -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
          Way2 Call
          Elk M1 Gold
          UPB HAI switches
          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Hi Tim, I am not at home for some time where I can look at my notes. I would suggest email support and request the settings for the parameters. If I recall 19 should give you watts volts kWh and amps. 24 will set your report times. You will get a response overnight EST. I think they are in Germany. A plug-in zwave parameters actually resolved my problem. You will find it on Homeseer plug-ins.

Comment

Thanks. I’ll try that.
              -Tim

Way2 Call
              Elk M1 Gold
              UPB HAI switches
              HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I was able to work with support. Thanks for that.

I want to relay what I learned in case someone else searches for help.

This Aeotech 7 doesn’t appear to be properly supported by HS4. So this seems to be somewhat a workaround.

1. Turn on Legacy Zwave menus under Zwave settings.
                2. Add the Aeotech w/o security.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5344D502-7C68-4B5F-8AF8-84B0C24BA77D.jpeg
Views:	420
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1534235
                3. Go to the newly added root device and delete all the sub devices.

Name:	AA73121C-62FB-4B13-8D97-F9C254CDD494.jpeg
Views:	396
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1534236
                4. Click on the root device. Then Zwave and rescan from the root. This will add the devices back.

Name:	0F6D02CC-0755-4F5B-BDBF-2313277164FD.jpeg
Views:	397
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	1534237
                5. Using the Zwave Parameters plug in. Change Parameter 23 and 26 to a 1. This will make it report Watt and Amp changes every 10 seconds instead of 10 minutes.

Name:	13F69CDA-DBFE-4ED6-A6EE-7DF513FCB83B.jpeg
Views:	422
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1534238

6. Now you should see Amps, Watts changing within 10 seconds and Voltage at 10 minutes.

Name:	DA255443-6C45-4590-B4A6-C0EF3AAC4C2F.jpeg
Views:	385
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1534239

Hope this helps.
                -Tim

Way2 Call
                Elk M1 Gold
                UPB HAI switches
                HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Can this be set to 10 sec for wattage only? And stop report for voltage and amp?

Comment

I have been fussing with the Aeotec Smart Switch 7 ZWA023-A for a few days now, doing a lot of searching and reading trying to get energy reporting to work. I thought I'd post this in case others search on the same issue. Problem: the switch won't report energy (Volts, Watts, Watthours, Amps) periodically as configured in the switch's Z-Wave parameters, but *will* report everything just fine if you do a manual poll in HS4.

I finally tried the Aeotec compatibility website, and they note that HS4 is *not* compatible with energy reporting. See: https://aeotec.com/compatibility/
                    This is for: Smart Switch 7 ZWA023-A

Doing internet searching for the proper Z-Wave parameters also results in conflicting parameter numbers. Again, the Aeotec website provides good info:

[From the Aeotec website bottom of the page] The Smart Switch 7 (B plug) has many configuration parameter settings that allows you to customize your experience with the Smart Switch 7 (B plug). You may download the engineering sheet containing all settings here. https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...les/6000244392

Attached Files

Comment

This is what Aeotec just said about the Smart Switch 7 and why you can't change the led colors in HS4
                      I have figured out the issue is that HomeSeer is issuing a Color Switch V1 command (without the duration value), the color controls require Color Switch V2 Command Class or V3 to be issued in order for the LED to be controlled.

Comment

Working...
                      X