How to wake up a HS-WA300 switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to wake up a HS-WA300 switch.

I can’t control one of my HS-WA300 switches in the device list the status has a ? mark and i can’t turn it on or off from the device page. I can’t get into the settings it says it has to woken up to access the settings. I can turn it on and off at the switch.

Hello,
    These switches are always awake so something is amiss. Maybe try posting a screenshot of the devices Z-Wave tab and we can see if we can spot any issues.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You could try to do a z-wave scan on it. Test connectivity while you're at it. Perhaps even optimize functions. All are in the z-wave tab of the device.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I did try to optimize, full optimize the switch and shut down and restart the control (HS ZEE S2) and still had the same problem. Thanks

Comment

Rupp

In my previous post I said I could turn the switch (light) on and off, I can’t. I also tried to optimize, full optimize the switch and shut down and restart the control (HS ZEE S2) and still had the same problem.

I have had this problem with other switches and all I did was turn the switch on and off in the device page and it resolved it.

After posting this the problem resolved it self.

Sorry I don’t know how to add a screenshot to a post. I can email it to you if you want.

I been having a lot of problems with this control, I’m getting Z-wave errors, some are of a event that is disabled and sometimes from a event that doesn’t even have a Z-wave device in it.

I recently purchased a new control (HomeTroller Plus) and I’m going to enter all the devices and the events without transferring from the old control and hopefully the problem says with the old control.

I also gave up on the Alexa interface.

Comment

I figured out how to add a screenshot 👏

Click image for larger version

Name:	4ADC650F-1071-4400-8A7E-59DDF175722A.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1521370Click image for larger version

Name:	4ADC650F-1071-4400-8A7E-59DDF175722A.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1521372Click image for larger version

Name:	D22ECC8E-B41F-4095-90CD-BD7ACCB4C7A8.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1521371

Comment

Are you running 3.0.9.0 of the z-wave plugin? I believe this is required for the HS-WA300.
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Your pictures tell me that the switch is not responding if it doesn't respond to a Test Connectivity. Could the wire nuts or screws have become loose. Are the indicators on the switch lit or is it totally dark? If 2nd then check the wiring. It's behaving as if it doesn't have power.

Failing that, you can try to exclude the switch.

First do an exclude from the controller.
                Hit the flap on the switch and see if it excludes.

If so then re-include it.

If nothing, then force an exclude by doing a: (in the following order)

Test Connectivity
                Remove Bad Node

Keep doing the above sequence until it says the switch was excluded.

Then try to include it.

If it won't include and it has power, then sorry, the switch is TU.

Comment

I am running 3.0.9.0 on the plug-in.

thanks for the input

Comment

The bottom LED is lit.

I did try to do a test connectivity test but I couldn’t because I couldn’t get into any of the settings to do any test.

The switch is now working for some unknown reason, I have no idea what the problem was.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

...and you're sure without a doubt that you have solid wiring connections?

Comment

Yes I am.

Comment

Weird... well, if it's flakey, it'll come back. Hopefully, for you it stays working..

Comment

Yep it probably will, I hope it stays working. It has happened before but on some other switches. I have had a lot of problems with this control/software and it’s not limited to the switches, get z-wave errors from a event that has no z-wave devices In it.

Comment

With the other switches I was all ways able to go to the device page and turn switch on/off and it would work and could access the settings for the switch.

Comment

Working...
                              X