Luminance sensor looking for ideas to dim lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luminance sensor looking for ideas to dim lights

I have a luminance sensor that constantly gives me the light luminance in the room, I would like to us it to dim the room light based on that value. I'm sure you guys have found a way to maximize the light based on it. Right now, I have several events that based on the range of values set the light to a luminance, I'm sure you have a better way to do that, any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

No one, maybe I need to give more info on what I'm try to accomplish?

Comment

Can you clarify? You want to dim the light based on the response from the sensor. But if you dim the light so will the sensor and won't you get into a feed back loop?

Maybe you can clarify.

Another way is via a script if you just want to use the value to set the dim level. You can pull the value from the device and maybe use Easytrigger to set the value of your lights to the value of the sensor??

Is that what you want? But when the sensor goes up or down, won't the lights as well???

Comment

George absolutely. Currently I have something very rudimental in place that works this way. I have a light level sensor that determine the amount of light in the room. Based on the value of it, I would like to change the physical light level using the Philips hue lights, so during the day there is always a consistence light level in the room. If there is plenty of light coming from the sun at 12, I would like to dim those lights while if is cloudy, I would like more lights in the room.

Comment

You could do a timer and a script. The timer would run the script at whatever interval you're looking for. The script would look at the value of the luminance sensor and compare that to a set value for the light level the room should be at.
          The script would adjust the lights based on the resulting value.
          Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Thanks, there is any formula to calculate those values or is trial and error?

Comment

The values are what you would see on the devices in HomeSeer.
              Set all the lights to the desired brightness and note the values.
              The sunlight coming in would be a single value, so you'd use it to compare against each light and adjust it accordingly.
              Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Thanks

Comment

You might find this article interesting, I did. You don't have to use HS floodlight for luminance, but the article may help with ideas.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...odlight-sensor
                  Last edited by RRR; January 24, 2022, 07:47 PM. Reason: Correcting link

Comment

Working...
                  X