Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove orphan rooms? Categories etc - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove orphan rooms? Categories etc - Solved!

Hey All. I'm on HS4. Before anyone says anything I'm aware that if you delete all your devices for a given room or category, said room/category will be automatically removed. However, I'm finding several instances/situations where that is not the case. I was testing a plugin and it had left behind some rooms, which I cannot delete and no devices are assigned to it. I also have some categories that exist after I had uninstalled an older plugin, again no devices are associated and HS4 isn't removing them. So, can someone please point me to the .json file that these live in so I can manually remove them?

On a side note: Seems silly that there is no function to remove them and the reliance is on HS4 to do it automatically. I've found multiple cases where HS4 isn't triggered to do the remove and now I'm left with a big list that I can't clean up.

Screen shots would help, you're saying the following doesn't work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	162
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	1522976

If not, try going into the Labs tab and click Fix Device....

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	1522977

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
      Screen shots would help, you're saying the following doesn't work?

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	1522976

If not, try going into the Labs tab and click Fix Device....

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	1522977
      Thanks, TC1 I'm not referring to Categories. Those are fine. It's the Loc1/Loc2 that are the issue (Floor/Room). I tried your suggestion about the "Fix Device/Feature relationships", but no luck. I don't think that's relevant to the issue I'm having. Devices and Features are fine. It's the Loc1/Loc2 orphan entries I'm having issues with. See attached for some of the ones I'm trying to get rid of.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, you mentioned categories in the discussion title and your original post.

HS4 displays Loc1 and Loc2 only if a device in its database has the text for those fields... it doesn't store the actual Loc1 and Loc2 in a separate DB that I am aware of.

All those "living_room...." fields were created by some plugin you are using... looks like some phone tracking info... those devices must exist somewhere in order for them to be displayed. Make sure they are not hidden. Use the "Search" function in the Device page to see if you can get matches.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          Ok, you mentioned categories in the discussion title and your original post.

HS4 displays Loc1 and Loc2 only if a device in its database has the text for those fields... it doesn't store the actual Loc1 and Loc2 in a separate DB that I am aware of.

All those "living_room...." fields were created by some plugin you are using... looks like some phone tracking info... those devices must exist somewhere in order for them to be displayed. Make sure they are not hidden. Use the "Search" function in the Device page to see if you can get matches.
          Sorry about the accidental "category" mention. Yep. That's exactly what happened. I actually did end up fixing it. They were associated with devices after all. Maybe the link thing did work? Either way, I was able to finally blast them and the device associations.

Thanks!

Comment

Glad you got it all sorted out
            While HS4 does have its issues, there's usually a logical reason why most things are happening.

Comment

Working...
            X