No announcement yet.

Motion Sensors and how you use them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chewie Be sure to look at the Aqara Motion Sensor. I've had one outside for almost three years with the same coin battery. I buy my zigbee stuff on Aliexpress.com

Comment

I use motion sensors in the kitchen to prevent pans from burning up on the gas stove if someone leaves the burners on. The system is described here.
      Weve had repeated problem with pans being left on the burners in our kitchen and the house filling with smoke before anyone realizes whats happening....

Comment

I'm using a HSM200 Sensor to triggers a Leviton Plug-In Dimmer CFDA546F-002 as a night light. If the luminance has a value less than 2 Lux, it triggers the Leviton plug-in dimmer to 16% for 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by keepersg View Post
          I use motion sensors in the kitchen to prevent pans from burning up on the gas stove if someone leaves the burners on. The system is described here.
          Cool. So what's the logic on that? If gas consumption is over 'x' for a predetermined period of time and no movement in 'y' minutes, then do "z"?

Comment

McGarrett Simpler than that. With motion in the kitchen turn on the gas valve which is normally closed and will close even if there's not power. If there's no motion in the kitchen for 10 minutes, turn off the gas valve. Elk M1G for the sensors (which are hardwired), Insteon to activate the valve. Programs in the ISY handle the logic. It's backed up by a gas sensor in the kitchen.

Comment

keepersg Nice 😎

Comment

I use a similar approach to the gas control in the BBQ Island. I have a Dome Zwave actuator on the existing gas valve. I have an Sonoff zigbee motion detector that is in a location that only gets triggered if someone walks up to the grill, and is somewhat sheltered so little rain can get to it. When it is triggered, the gas valve turns on so I can light it and cook on it. Because I do sometimes have a long cook unattended, I don't use the motion detector to shut off the gas, I have it turn off 2 hrs after the valve was turned on. This prevents the grill from running all night (and the next couple days if I am not grilling again soon) if I forget to turn off a burner (which has happened more often than you would think!).

There are conditions on the time so that the valve doesn't turn on after 9 PM, or before 11:30AM. As a bonus, if it's night time, it also flips on the string lights on the island so I have light to cook with automatically.

Comment

Working...
                X