Looking for tabletop enclosure for Zooz Zen32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for tabletop enclosure for Zooz Zen32

From my previous limited UPL lights and outlets I had the below tabletop controller. Over the past few years, I've eliminated UPL units and put in Z-wave. I swapped the UPL controller with a Zooz Zen32 scene controller within the white enclosure and I keep this next to the bed.

I was hoping to setup another one for my wife's side of the bed, but I've been unable to find just the housing for the switch. Wondering if anyone else has seen these enclosures for sale (without having to buy the UPL controller too), or possibly done something similar.
    Attached Files

I don't know about this device but I got tablet mounts from Makes by Mike (https://mbmounts.com/). He seems to be open to customize designs so maybe he can make something for this device. All of his stuff is 3D printed so it has some 'ripples' but all in all it looks quite good.

Comment

My wife has been quite happy with one of these: https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/pro...ler-hkzw-scn04

EDIT: I really should answer your question. Google "single gang desktop box". I've only seen these used for low-voltage A/V applications so be careful with the rating on the enclosure.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-38A15.../dp/B001VSCCNI

Comment

Thanks upstatemike! I searched for what I thought was every possible way to describe this enclosure, but kept striking out. I've already placed my order for one and another Zooz Zen32. These make nice bedside controllers, and you don't have to worry about batteries. Thanks again!

Comment

Now that I know what I'm looking for..., found them on ebay for a lot cheaper - from the same company.

Leviton 38A15-WH Tabletop Cradle for Scene Switches or Scene Controllers | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by RRR View Post
              Now that I know what I'm looking for..., found them on ebay for a lot cheaper - from the same company.

Leviton 38A15-WH Tabletop Cradle for Scene Switches or Scene Controllers | eBay
              That's apples vs. oranges, isn't it? Looks like your example lacks the power cord and the controller!

PS
              Cord mentioned, not depicted...
              Last edited by ewkearns; January 30, 2022, 10:38 AM. Reason: Correction
              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
              Home Assistant 2024.3
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

That's apples vs. oranges, isn't it? Looks like your example lacks the power cord and the controller!

PS
                Cord mentioned, not depicted...
                I wasn't looking for the controller, just the enclosure. The Leviton part number is the same. The seller is the same from ebay and Amazon, just the price is different. Even if it didn't come with a cord I'm sure I have an old lamp cord around here I can use. There is no load in this use case, just need power for z-wave.

Comment

The table top enclosure from ebay was the complete kit, cradle and cord. In fact, for those Omni fans, it actually came in a HAI box with their instructions for their HLC scene switch. Put in the Zooz scene controller in and now just need to setup the events.

Comment

Thanks, I just picked one up for giggles. Not sure what the WAF will be but I can see what scenes she might like.

Now all you have to do is hook up the top relay part of the ZEN 32 to your couch butt warmer and you're all set! LOL

Comment

I use the scenes more to control various items like ceiling fan, alarm panel, various lights, and if the wife (or I) get spooked we can turn every light inside and outside on with one button.

Comment

Working...
                      X