Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Possible to Add Ring Motion Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it Possible to Add Ring Motion Sensor?

I thought I read that Ring motion Sensors were Z-Wave at one point. Was out and about today and picked up a Ring outdoor motion sensor for $20 - figured why not?
    I am not having luck including it into my system.

Has anyone had success adding a Ring motion sensor to their HS setup? I did try to exclude the sensor with no response as well.

Thanks for looking

Edit: I do not have nor do I want to buy a Ring hub. Just looking to add the motion sensor directly to HS.
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Here the Ring sensors are connected to the Ring Hub which is managed by a Ring to MQTT add on which Homeseer can see and manage. (in house #2).

Batteries are doing well except for one PIR where the battery failed about 6 months after installation. Replaced battery and all is well.

The MQTT plugin connects to the Ring cloud. It is managed by the Homeseer mcsMQTT plugin.

I have not attempted to integrate the Ring sensors to Homeseer Z-Wave. The Ring Alarm subscription is very reasonably priced. Support is less- than-stellar for the Ring alarm system.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

My ring camera connect to Alexa. From their you can have it drive events on HS.

Comment

This might help.
        http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/m...=ZC10-18066145
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          Unfortunately, It only instructs to scan the QR code or entering a code in the Ring base. There's a button behind the battery door but different button pressing sequences did not initiate the inclusion process.
          Dan-O

Comment

Hi Dan-O,
            I am having the same problem. Bought some Ring Alarm Contact Sensor (2nd Gen) from Amazon and have NOT been successful in getting them to work as advertised.
            Saw a YouTube video claiming they work with systems other than Ring....
            ==> I do not want the Ring system and must have all sensors work independent of the Internet.
            Thought I would give it a try.
            Poor docs as you say, but found a nice PDF online that described more about the inclusion process.

I was able to get the unit Included in my Z-Wave nework, but it would never trigger back to Homeseer HS4.
            So, returning it to Amazon.
            Does anyone have a good recommendation for a similar small Z-Wave contact sensor that definately works with Homeseer HS4?

Thanks,

Comment

By any chance would you share the PDF you found with the inclusion process?
              Thanks
              Dan-O

Comment

Here you go.
                Please let me know if you have better luck than I did.

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for posting.
                  Unfortunately, those instructions are similar to most I found and don't show anything different than other sensor instructions I have found.
                  Dan-O

Comment

Since my Ring sensors connect to Alexa, I use virtual devices in Homeseer and routines in Alexa. So the Alexa routine will toggle the virtual motion sensor device when the real motion sensor detects motion and I have HS events watching that virtual device. Same for the door and window sensors.

Comment

I'm attempting to add the device to HomeSeer. I don't want to have a ring account.
                      Dan-O

Comment

I am able to get Ring motion and door sensors added to my HS4 zwave

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...sor-open-close

Comment

Working...
                        X