Nest cam integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest cam integration

Nest cam outdoors (battery version). Just purchased pack of 3 from Costco.

Camera works O.K. with Google Home app on my iPhone, however it looks like completely locked system.
    I can't find any way to connect it to HS4 to do any of these

a) report any motion detected
    b) report faces or vehicles detected
    c) video stream
    d) two way audio

All of the above is available on Google Home app and none so far is available by open computer standards like MQTT, TCP, mp4 etc.
    I managed to get the IP address of the camera but it is not accessible by browser on default ports.

Anyone managed to break in?

I don't think we can.
    Long time ago it was possible and not easy to do with the nest account, but now it's all integrated into Google account.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 838Joel View Post
      I don't think we can.
      Long time ago it was possible and not easy to do with the nest account, but now it's all integrated into Google account.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
      Actually Google opened the API up last fall. I have my cameras, doorbells and thermostat integrated to Home Assistant currently as a test. Now trying to figure out a way to integrate HA and HS so I can pull that stuff into Homeseer.

Spud did mention in another thread recently that they are going to add support into Homeseer but it's not on the top of the list currently.

Comment

This would be great. I have a Nest doorbell and would like to have HSTouch show the video when someone rings or approaches the door. It's encouraging this works with HA but I'm already invested in HS. Any idea if this is still on the radar?

Comment

Working...
        X