Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VisionGS webcam software woes

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could offer me help with trying to get VisionGS webcam software working?

I am using WebCam32 but it seems as though they are not developing the software anymore and i moved HS to a new computer and thought I would try something new.

The VisionGS web server is on port 8888 and the live video stream is on 8886. I have tried both my local and WAN IP addresses but I do not get any video. I was thinking of loading Webcam32 on this new computer to make sure I could it working since I had it working on the old computer and I could see it on the WAN and the Local network. I already had the port on my router forwarding as well.

Thanks,
    Dan

Dan,
    Does VisionGS do things that WebCam32 doesn't?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Here is a list of features from the comapnies web site. I only used the webcam32 to view the javacampush applet over the web.

features are for example..
      • real multi-cam support with own profiles.
      • live streaming video and audio using the latest streaming technology.
      • support for a large number of video devices and webcams, firewire included.
      • support for a huge amount of network cameras.
      • ability to run as true nt service.
      • configurable motion detection motion to monitor your desk, house, children etc. (also ability to capture video in realtime).
      • automatically snaps a picture, connects to the internet, uploads the picture and disconnects.
      • chat system with integrated user management.
      • time synchronization management, so your webcam is always using the atomic time (thru ntp server).
      • upload the image every few seconds, minutes or hours.
      • ability to include file-contents (e.g. latest weather information) in your webcam image.
      • include a date/time stamp on the image using any color and font.
      • include advanced banner on the image using any color and font.
      • include an overlay image like your company logo.
      • comes with configurable java applets for your website.
      • support for dynamic dns service.
      • advanced schedule for capture.
      • archive images in chronological or reverse chronological order.
      • send live picture via email or icq directly to a friend.
      • multi language support (german, english).
      • comes with a configurable http server.
      • http password protection.
      • ip upload feature upload to automatically update your website.
      • creates thumbnails of your webcam pictures.
      • comes with lots of html examples.
      Dan

Comment

I have installed the webcam32 on the new computer and it tells me that something is using the capture device. But I can see the device from TinCAM which I am also trying but cannot see video through this application either.

I am using a Hauppauge WinPVR-250. I was using an old ATI AIW card before which will not work in the new board.

Thanks,
        Dan

Comment

VisionGS won't work with a PVR-250.

This is because the Hauppauge WDFM driver is not good...and it is the same with other webcam softwares, including the webcam plugin...
          Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

You never mentioned (unless I missed it) if the VisionGS live/preview window shows a working video feed, is this the case? I would think that none of the PVR series card would work due to the hardware mpeg2 encoder and/or decoder. I use a cheap Pinnacle PCTV card with VisionGS and have no problems.
            HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
            (aka xplosiv)
            Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

As it stands the visiongs web page does show a black video box with no video.

I also have an ATI AIW 9600xt still in the box since my old one is to old for this new board. I was hoping to return it so I don't have to spend the money but it looks like I will need it. i believe the box for this states MPEG 4. Will this card be a problem?

Dan

Comment

Electron,

I have to double check but I am sure i get a video feed in the visiongs software and I can see botht he TV channels and the compiste feed the camera is on.

Yes this is correct because I remembered I emailed visiongs that the device settings do not stay set on the composite feed and they told me that it was a bug and is now fixed.

Dan

Comment

That was indeed a bug in the latest 1.50 software, I am having the same problem. If you view the source code of the webpage which has the streaming content, does it look like it is pointing to the right ip address? That's usually the problem. Keep in mind that if you stream the video feed, you won't be able to actually see it in the live video feed window (will show a black frame).
                  HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                  (aka xplosiv)
                  Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Electron,

As far as I know i have all of the settings correct in the VisionGS software and the IP address.
                    You mention that if I am doing a live feed I will not see this feed in the device window of the software. Well, I can see the video from the Hauppauge card from the TV input as well as the compiste input for the camera in question.

I have now hooked up an AIT AIW and can see this just fine in the device window of the VisionGS software. I swear it worked for a minute this morning but I cannot get it back again.

I wondering if there is something I am missing because the Webcam32 software does not work either. I was thinking of returning this ATI AW for a cheep Hauppauge or ATI TV PCI tuner.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
                    Dan

Comment

Check your capture format and see if it has changed. RGB is what I've usually seen used. Also note that video previews may use an "overlay" setup that is different than what is used to capture frames for streaming. This may be why you see one but not the other. If you get a message about the driver already being in use, then you will need to find what is capturing the video driver for use. The PVR software may load on startup to be ready for capturing video to the drive.
                      Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Dan, try using port 88 for the streaming in VisionGS.

I also tried other ports and it seems to not like them, if it runs on port 88, as mine does, then at least you will have an idea whats happening.

BTW, I like visiongs, it does just what "I" want

Comment

Working...
                        X