Building New HS server 2k3, how do I back up old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building New HS server 2k3, how do I back up old

Ok, im sure this is out there somewhere, but putting in the word backup or homeseer backup in the thread search returns thousands of entries..
    after doing a little testing im going to chuck XP Pro and upgrade to 2k3 (mainly for many RDP session support)

Im going to do a clean install of server 2k3 with terminal services. What all do I need to save so I dont Lose my Homeseer configuration?

if I need to re-enter License codes, where can I get those?

im assuming I should install Homeseer and install each plugin as if it were bran new so that the registry is updated.

if I just install it all and then overwrite my homeseer directory does that work?

I also have MainLobby too that im thinking I can just install then copy over the directory to get back all my scenes and settings..

help would be appreciated as well as software tips for backup.. or can I just copy to a network drive and load back once my new OS is up and running?

-christopher
    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

I rebuilt my system a couple of months ago, and the process that Rick outlined worked flawlessly. If you follow the steps in his message, it all comes back very nicely. See it here - a couple of posts down http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...ghlight=backup

Make sure that you have backed up your entire HS directory first.

(P.S. I thought XP Pro provided great RDP support??)

Comment

does this also get my License codes? i dont think i have those anymore as I had a sheet with them on it but cant find it now.. ive got HS plus several Paid Plugins im using.

XP pro provides great RDP support for up to 2 simultaneous connections. thats 1 on the console and one RDP, or console logged off and 2 RDP.

I have 3 (soon to be 4) airpanels and a winterm to connect. with my MSAP version of server 2k3 I get 10 TSCALS so im good to go.
      -christopher
      PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I don't have any plug-ins so can't answer that, but the HS license can be found in Help > About Homeseer.

I also didn't realize that XP Pro limited the # of RDP sessions. Interesting....

Comment

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

thats what I tried first and it gave me a msgbox with 'this plugin is registered'. I thought it used to be that you would get the codes doing that.

-christopher

Comment

Hum.. I guess I would file a help desk request on this one.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I recent;y moved my HS to a new machine and I used Rick's instructions as Jeff says above, at the time I only had 1 paid plugin (DooMotion) as soon as I copied over from my original install everything was OK, I did not have to re-enter any license codes.
                Lance

Comment

Working...
                X