Homeseer shutting down by itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer shutting down by itself

The Last few day Homeseer will disappearing and I have not been able to fix it. I have not added any new scripts or made any changes.I did a search for this problem but did not find to much, or if anybody found a fix. I attached the last few lines from my ah file, if anybody can help with this problem it would be apreiated

Thanks,
    Bob

1/14/2005 9:17:40 AM~!~Warning~!~Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1.
    1/14/2005 9:18:11 AM~!~Warning~!~Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1.
    1/14/2005 9:18:41 AM~!~Warning~!~Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1.
    1/14/2005 9:19:12 AM~!~Warning~!~Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1.
    1/14/2005 9:19:42 AM~!~Warning~!~Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1.
    1/14/2005 9:20:13 AM~!~Warning~!~Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1.
    1/14/2005 9:20:43 AM~!~Warning~!~Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1.
    1/14/2005 9:21:00 AM~!~Event Trigger~!~Recurring Trigger (Breaking news)
    1/14/2005 9:21:14 AM~!~Warning~!~Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1.
    1/14/2005 9:21:14 AM~!~Speak~!~the current temperature is 45 degrees
    1/14/2005 9:21:15 AM~!~Event Trigger~!~Value change trigger (The Temperature):S1 Temperature from: 44 to: 45
    1/14/2005 9:21:45 AM~!~Warning~!~Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1.
    1/14/2005 9:22:16 AM~!~Warning~!~Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1.
    1/14/2005 9:22:46 AM~!~Warning~!~Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1.
    1/14/2005 9:22:46 AM~!~Speak~!~the current temperature is 44 degrees
    1/14/2005 9:22:47 AM~!~Event Trigger~!~Value change trigger (The Temperature):S1 Temperature from: 45 to: 44
    1/14/2005 9:23:18 AM~!~Warning~!~Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1.

Are you using the McsTemperature plugin? If not what plugin is looking for the "Attempting to use backup station MNRET for Station 1"
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am getting that info from weather plug

Comment

Ok, then try removing the weather plug and see if that fixes your problem.

Comment

Try deleting/moving and having HS recreate your ah.log file. I ran into an issue not too long ago where HS would lock up for no reason every day or three and when I went to look in the logs there was nothing in there that pointed to the problem. I did, however, notice how large it had grown over a year and half of use and how long it took to open. Once I did that I've had smooth sailing for the past week or two.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions however none have worked I even went as far as to uninstall and reinstall Homeseer but still have the problem. Homeseer can sometimes run for a full day and other times only for an hour. if any one wants to chime in please do. I see a few posts around the board with similar problems but not sure if any one has found a fix.

Thanks

Comment

Me too....

I was seeing something similar- I too am running weatherplug. I have not seen this is a long time however.

Sorry can't be anymore help--
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
              Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
              weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Guys in order to help we need your configurations like what plugins you have running, what OS, any new software or hardware installed lately or since the crashes.

Is the machine locking up or is HS simply shutting down?

Have you guys tried removing all plugins to see if this helps?

Comment

Rupp,
                  P4 2ghz, gb of memory, xp pro sp2
                  I have not installed, made any changes, or ran windows update in months.
                  plugsins-Weatherplug, MainLobby/Homeseer, Netcallid
                  Homeseer just disappears no other problems with any other programs that are running at all times as well- mainlobby, outlook, mainlobby server
                  j.rivers media center.

Thanks
                  Last edited by rmuziani; January 19, 2005, 01:41 PM.

Comment

rmuziani,
                    So you disabeled WeatherPlug and it's still shutting down? It's time to disable the other plugins as well. Did this start when you went to SP2?

Comment

Have tried with all the pluging removed. and sp2 has been installed before homeseer.

Comment

Is HS disappearing or freezing? Is it disappearing from the tray or from the process list as well.

Comment

What happen is I find out that homeseer stops working I go to the computer and see homeseer in the system tray so I move the curser over it and it disappears. I never checked but I assume it disappears from the process list as well because I can restart homeseer with no problem, I believe if it was still running in the process list I would get the message that homeseer is already running.

Comment

Have you tried the repair option on HS using control panel add/remove software?

Comment

Hi,
                              anything showing up in the event viewer under admin tools, prior to you finding hs not running ?
                              Stuart

Comment

Working...
                              X