Opinions on Zooz devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgiaDutchman View Post
    I've purchased a ZEN17 Double Relay and a ZSE43 Tilt Sensor from them and both items were easy to get up and working. I used them to automate my Garage Door Opener and they're working great for about two months now. Really like the significant documentation support available as well as their customer service quick response. Time will tell as to their reliability but so far I'm impressed and will probably buy some ZEN 76/77 switches from them in the near future.

i just got the zen16 3 relay unit but when pairing it to HS only 1 switch shows up. is there a special way to pair to get all 3 relays to be controlled?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

A few months ago I replaced the ZSE41 I had on the garage door with Zooz's TILT-ZWAVE5.0. Very good decision! I don't think the TILT-ZWAVE5 has missed once when the garage door opens or closes. When I was using the ZSE41, it missed at least 10% of the opening and closings.

The battery on the TILT-ZWAVE5 appears much more robust than the ZSE41. Hot or cold weather really screws up the battery (or maybe just the reading) on the ZSE41 but I am not seeing the same issue with the TILT-ZWAVE5. For me, the ZSE41 batteries have a low life span.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-02-22_7꞉32꞉27.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	1594475

Overall, I have not been happy with either of the ZSE41's but the TILT-ZWAVE5 has been great. I have mixed feelings on the ZEN04​. With the ZEN73​, I've had one failure and another one that's in a 2 gang box with another ZEN73​ keeps flipping so it is on when the switch is down and off when the switch is up. It works correctly when bench testing and before it is completely recessed into the box. I've pulled it out twice and reset it, but it keeps changing back after it is fully mounted. Still trying to figure this one out since the two single pole mechanical switches worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
        A few months ago I replaced the ZSE41 I had on the garage door with Zooz's TILT-ZWAVE5.0. Very good decision! I don't think the TILT-ZWAVE5 has missed once when the garage door opens or closes. When I was using the ZSE41, it missed at least 10% of the opening and closings.

The battery on the TILT-ZWAVE5 appears much more robust than the ZSE41. Hot or cold weather really screws up the battery (or maybe just the reading) on the ZSE41 but I am not seeing the same issue with the TILT-ZWAVE5. For me, the ZSE41 batteries have a low life span.​

Name:	2023-02-22_7꞉32꞉27.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	1594475

Overall, I have not been happy with either of the ZSE41's but the TILT-ZWAVE5 has been great. I have mixed feelings on the ZEN04​. With the ZEN73​, I've had one failure and another one that's in a 2 gang box with another ZEN73​ keeps flipping so it is on when the switch is down and off when the switch is up. It works correctly when bench testing and before it is completely recessed into the box. I've pulled it out twice and reset it, but it keeps changing back after it is fully mounted. Still trying to figure this one out since the two single pole mechanical switches worked fine.
        Does the TILT sensor report variable degrees of tilt?
        For example, 0deg, 45deg, 90deg?
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

Does the TILT sensor report variable degrees of tilt?
          For example, 0deg, 45deg, 90deg?
          Not that I am seeing. It is either No Event (Close or door down) or Intrusion Unknown Location (door up or opened).

Name:	Tilt Notification.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1594486
          Last edited by Coz; February 22, 2023, 11:45 AM. Reason: Added pict of tilt notification

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
            Just a heads up, I'm starting to have trouble with another ZSE41. This one is starting to become 'flaky' (blue light won't flash all the time with an open or close event), unlike the others where they failed dead.

I'm starting to think these things have some serious design flaws. Is it just me, is anyone else see these fail?
            Have you had anymore luck with the ZSE41? What issues were you having? I currently have 3 installed & 2 of them have been giving me fits. I have one on the service door between my house a garage. It seems like it eats through batteries. It does not trigger my automation a good percentage of the time. I will see the blue light flash when the door is opened or closed. But nothing happens within Homeseer. The other day the Sensor Binary Door_Window would not clear. I don't understand what this is for anyway because under status it says "Off-Closed-No Motion". What motion, this is a contact sensor. All I want to know is if ther sensor opens or closes.

These also do not seem to work with the Z-Wave parameters plugin either. I always get the following error & yes I wake up the device. I am also unable to test the connectivity of the device under the Z-Wave tab. It fails every time. This is common with their motion sensors too & ZEN04 Plugs. So, I don't know if this is a Zooz problem, Homeseer, or a combination of both.

Failed to get data from Open Z-Wave Database
            The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
            Authentication failed, see inner exception.
            Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED
            at /build/mono-6.12.0.122/external/boringssl/ssl/handshake_client.c:1132
            SAVE

All my sensor are fairly close to the hub but not is the same room. I do have two repeaters to help with any connectivity issues. I have found that the range is piss-poor at best with most of my Z-Wave stuff. I don't have any issues with my light switches but anything battery powered like the ZSE41's don't work right.

Comment

Originally posted by jadesse View Post

Have you had anymore luck with the ZSE41? What issues were you having? I currently have 3 installed & 2 of them have been giving me fits. I have one on the service door between my house a garage. It seems like it eats through batteries. It does not trigger my automation a good percentage of the time. I will see the blue light flash when the door is opened or closed. But nothing happens within Homeseer. The other day the Sensor Binary Door_Window would not clear. I don't understand what this is for anyway because under status it says "Off-Closed-No Motion". What motion, this is a contact sensor. All I want to know is if ther sensor opens or closes.

These also do not seem to work with the Z-Wave parameters plugin either. I always get the following error & yes I wake up the device. I am also unable to test the connectivity of the device under the Z-Wave tab. It fails every time. This is common with their motion sensors too & ZEN04 Plugs. So, I don't know if this is a Zooz problem, Homeseer, or a combination of both.

Failed to get data from Open Z-Wave Database
              The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
              Authentication failed, see inner exception.
              Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED
              at /build/mono-6.12.0.122/external/boringssl/ssl/handshake_client.c:1132
              SAVE

All my sensor are fairly close to the hub but not is the same room. I do have two repeaters to help with any connectivity issues. I have found that the range is piss-poor at best with most of my Z-Wave stuff. I don't have any issues with my light switches but anything battery powered like the ZSE41's don't work right.

The problems I've been having with them are ALL hardware related. Specifically the reed switches. The boards are SUPER delicate (not much board material to keep the reeds from fracturing).

My latest one has been working for month, I replaced the battery in it 3 weeks ago, which apparently is enough to damage these reeds (removal and installation of the cover), and now it's become unreliable. (no blue flash, until you push or pull on the sensor)

This will make ~4 failures..
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
              X