Configure Linksys for LAN Notebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configure Linksys for LAN Notebook

I have a MCE-XP with Homeseer on it. I also have a laptop and a Linksys router. As I am a new member(dumb one) and also new to Homeseer, could someone give me a step-by-step guide as to how to configure my router so my laptop can see Homeseer. I know I have to "forward requests" etc. but I'm not sure how to do that. Thanks.

JLISKEY,
    It should require anything out of the ordinary if your running your HS web server on port 80. You should be able to key in http://your_lan_ipaddress/stat to see HS's status page. Try that and let us know if this works from within your lan.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If you need port forwarding it is under the "advanced" tab in the Linksys setup window. I happen to use port 81. I also use a static ip rather than DHCP for my HS machine.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply, I will try this tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
          You should be able to key in http://your_lan_ipaddress/stat to see HS's status page.
          . . . and if you don't know it's IP address (or it sometimes changes), you can type: http://compter_name/

Comment

If you're using your laptop to connect to your HS box internally you shouldn't have to do anything at all to your router. All you need to know is the IP address of your HS box. To do that, open a command prompt on it and type in ipconfig. Your IP address will be listed there. From there, open up a browser and type that IP address in.
            Note, however, that this will only work when you're communicating internally. Once you leave your LAN then you'll have to know your router's external IP address and setup port forwarding to connect (proviced your ISP allows their cusotmers to be running servers on port 80).
            Just write back here if you have any problems and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.
            Also, Msekelsky, that's not always correct. The newer Linksys routers configurations look quite a bit different than what you've shown here. Ever since Cisco bought them out they've redone their looks and locations.

Comment

Fireball and Msekelsky are both correct regarding the Linksys routers. I believe Msekelsky is using a befsr41 (wired network router). I happen to have one just like it as well as the Wireless G model which has a different layout for the web page setups.

Comment

A little help here!
                --------------------------------------------------
                **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Dan,
                  I swear I'm not trying to nitpick but even if you have the same router the interface to it can look rather different depending on when you bought it. Its not unusual for me to set a few of these up a week at work and I've been doing it for a few years now. Every few months or so I have to dig around these pages trying to find where they moved the settings to get them up running. PITA.........

Comment

Working...
                  X