Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to controll blinds from "motion-blinds.com" / Coulisse B.V. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to controll blinds from "motion-blinds.com" / Coulisse B.V. ?

Hello ,

I have just installed 2 blinds from this company:
    https://motionblinds.com/

I am now controlling them with an external remote.

This company also have a wifi hub to controll them , via an androis/IOS app , or via alexa/IFTTT

I do not want to control it via an external service like IFTTT or Alexa. They do have an API available and with Home assistant I have read it should be working.
    https://www.home-assistant.io/integr...motion_blinds/

Anyone has an idea if this would be possible with Homeseer as well? Otherwise I am thinking of hooking a Shelly uni to the external remote, but the wifi bridge would look neater.

Thanks,
    Cornelis

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
    Hello ,

I have just installed 2 blinds from this company:
    https://motionblinds.com/

I am now controlling them with an external remote.

This company also have a wifi hub to controll them , via an androis/IOS app , or via alexa/IFTTT

I do not want to control it via an external service like IFTTT or Alexa. They do have an API available and with Home assistant I have read it should be working.
    https://www.home-assistant.io/integr...motion_blinds/

Anyone has an idea if this would be possible with Homeseer as well? Otherwise I am thinking of hooking a Shelly uni to the external remote, but the wifi bridge would look neater.

Thanks,
    Cornelis
    I think this should be possible using Big6.
    ----
    John

Comment

It looks like the Remote works on 433mhz (based on what I saw online). You should be able to use something link the Broadlink rm4 Pro along with mcsMQTT plugin to control them.

Comment

John245 : Do I understand correctly that BIG6 will work the the "wifi bridge" from the manufacturer? There is an API according what I have read , but I am not a programmer , what are the chances this will work? any idea?

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
        It looks like the Remote works on 433mhz (based on what I saw online). You should be able to use something link the Broadlink rm4 Pro along with mcsMQTT plugin to control them.
        I like this idea as well , the Broadlink will "learn" the commands via the remote I use for the moment and than implement it via mcsMQTT.

Which one of the options would have the best/easiest success ?

Thanks,
        Cornelis
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

John245 : Do I understand correctly that BIG6 will work the the "wifi bridge" from the manufacturer? There is an API according what I have read , but I am not a programmer , what are the chances this will work? any idea?

I like this idea as well , the Broadlink will "learn" the commands via the remote I use for the moment and than implement it via mcsMQTT.

Thanks,
          Cornelis
          It depends on how technical you are. In the past I did an integration using the Miele 3th party API.

I suggest to have a look at some examples in the forum to see if you are comfortable doing that. See for example: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...tegration-v0-1

In my opinion the 433 MHz option will be the easiest, although I' m not good in MQTT. Also maintaining the 433 MHz solution is less time consuming as API changes can impact your implementation.
          ---
          John

Comment

Thanks,
            Cornelis
            Do they have a site where you can test your API calls as in that case you can use the Big6 trial and see if you can get it working.

---
            John
            ​​​​​​​

Comment

John245 , they have this website where you can get the documentation for the API . Reading through the topic of your integration for the dishwasher , it looks quite complicated.
              I also don't have the wifi bridge yet, so need to purchase it.

Buying BIG6 + the wifi bridge , will be about the same as the broadlink. I think I will try the Broadlink option first.

Thanks,

Cornelis

Comment

John245 , they have this website where you can get the documentation for the API . Reading through the topic of your integration for the dishwasher , it looks quite complicated.
                I also don't have the wifi bridge yet, so need to purchase it.

Buying BIG6 + the wifi bridge , will be about the same as the broadlink. I think I will try the Broadlink option first.

Thanks,

Cornelis
                In case there are test possibilities you don't need the bridge.

Authorization seems to be simplified in Big6.

---
                John

Comment

+1 on Big6. You buy it once and you use it on many occasions not just this one as it supports virtually all protocols that you'd find in home automation.

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

It depends on how technical you are. In the past I did an integration using the Miele 3th party API.

I suggest to have a look at some examples in the forum to see if you are comfortable doing that. See for example: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...tegration-v0-1

In my opinion the 433 MHz option will be the easiest, although I' m not good in MQTT. Also maintaining the 433 MHz solution is less time consuming as API changes can impact your implementation.
                    ---
                    John
                    Technical I am , but programming , never done that before. I do see patterns in a script , and with that I was able to change some stuff on some scripts in Homeseer and previously on a Vera.

I have downloaded the API manuel for these blinds. And I am willing to give it a try , but no clue how to even start.

Thanks,
                    Cornelis

Attached Files

Comment

Technical I am , but programming , never done that before. I do see patterns in a script , and with that I was able to change some stuff on some scripts in Homeseer and previously on a Vera.

I have downloaded the API manuel for these blinds. And I am willing to give it a try , but no clue how to even start.

Thanks,
                      Cornelis
                      If you have no clue I suggest to investigate the other proposed solution.

---
                      John

Comment

Ok , understood.

I have just ordered the broadlink device and try first that road.

Thanks for the help,

Cornelis

Comment

This weekend I tried the Broadlink pro , no joy unfortunately.

For BIG6 and the API , is there a Manuel/tutorial/examples how to start learning how to implement this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-04-11 13_40_03-Coulisse - Manual_Developer_API_CM-20_CMD-01_045.pdf - Foxit Reader.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1536251

Name:	2022-04-11 13_43_26-Coulisse - Manual_Developer_API_CM-20_CMD-01_045.pdf - Foxit Reader.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1536253
                          🙈

Thanks,
                          Cornelis

Comment

For BIG6 and the API , is there a Manuel/tutorial/examples how to start learning how to implement this?

Name:	2022-04-11 13_40_03-Coulisse - Manual_Developer_API_CM-20_CMD-01_045.pdf - Foxit Reader.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1536251

Name:	2022-04-11 13_43_26-Coulisse - Manual_Developer_API_CM-20_CMD-01_045.pdf - Foxit Reader.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1536253
                            🙈

Thanks,
                            Cornelis
                            See http://big6.ivanv.com/whats-new/

---
                            John

Comment

There are two 433mHz frequencies that are used, 433.92mHz which the Broadlink uses and 433.42mHz which is also used most commonly by Somfy and other motor derivatives.
                              The Broadlink may be the problem - check the frequency first.
                              RFXCom is a dual frequency transceiver that can handle both frequencies, check out the manual for compatibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X