Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to controll blinds from "motion-blinds.com" / Coulisse B.V. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Cat : that would explain yes. I can not find the exact frequency of the blinds , it just says 433 Mhz. Anyway... it isn't working. I looked at the RFXcom , but it needs a computer or raspberry, that would be a bit overkill for a blind.

2 options left.

1) I just see that Ikea make automatic blinds as well , and there is a plugin for this: AK Ikea . But I have to throw away the stuff I bought from "motion blinds" , I hate throwing away stuff especially when it is almost new.
    2) Try to use Big6.

I think I am going to try Big 6 , buy the wifi bridge from "motion blinds" next week and than lets's see if I can make it work.

Cornelis

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
      Black Cat : that would explain yes. I can not find the exact frequency of the blinds , it just says 433 Mhz. Anyway... it isn't working. I looked at the RFXcom , but it needs a computer or raspberry, that would be a bit overkill for a blind.
      To clarify what is required to use a RFXCom - I don't want other user to get the wrong idea that another PC, Pi or whatever is required.
      The RFXCom plugs in via a USB into the same controller that HS uses. No other computer or oi is needed. Mine is plugged into a legacy Vera and has never missed a beat.

Comment

If you want help with this then let me know. It looks pretty straight-forward with mcsMQTT using their API. This would be the preferred mechanism since it is bidirectional.

I'm also curious if you were unable to learn the RF codes from the remote or if after learning them they would not provide the desired control.

Comment

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your offer, I would happely accept!

It thought of using BIG6 and opened a thread for that
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...nds-using-big6

But no luck so far. If you can help with MQTT that would be awesome.

I am willing to learn and study, but no idea where to start.

Concerning the RF codes, it didn't work, probably the wrong frequency, since there was no response at all.

Thanks,
          Cornelis

Comment

Have you got to the point of getting your access codes from the App? Since this part involves potentially sensitive information it is best to take this part of the discussion offline with my email at mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net or the Private Message on this forum will be a good way to initially communicate.

I suspect this integration can be done with the native user interface provided by mcsMQTT, but there are times when something more specialized will be desired to make it more user-friendly. After we get the basic communications established and I understand how you will be using the integration then we can decide if anything specialized should be added to mcsMQTT.

Again, with Broadlink were you able to learn a code from your remote? The frequency in the 433 MHz and 315 MHz ranges used by Broadlink has much slop so small variation in the frequency should not matter. It you had a Hunter unit that uses in the 350 MHz range, then I would expect Broadlink to fail at attempts at learning and control.

Comment

Status update…

I developed a simulator that complies with the referenced API. I used it to evaluate the mcsMQTT support of the API. While it may not have been necessary I added a AES128 function to allow computation of the needed AccessToken on the fly. It is likely that the token provided by the blinds never changes, but if it does the the integration will notbreak

Comment

The attached is unzipiped into the HS4 \bin\mcsMQTT subfolder. This assumes that mcsMQTT for HS4 has already been installed from the HS Updater.

User setup is on the plugin's Cloud Page, URL Tab such as below. My simulator is at 192.168.0.7. You will change this to the IP of your Blinds WiFi IP. You will also enter your secret key in the last column. The port 32101 will not change.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	1541651
                This will enable mcsMQTT to start listening on port 32101 for UDP packets. There should be a heartbeat packet every 30 to 60 seconds. When it hears it, it will send request for the list of Blinds MAC addresses. A set of devices will be created for each such as below. It is likely you will want to change the names somewhat and put them in the Floor and Room of your choice.

With each heartbeat a request will be made to update the status of one unit. The next unit on the next heartbeat etc. A request will then again be made for the device list so if one is added then it will be automatically added to HS. This process continues forever just to assure HS remains in sync such as when a remote is used to change the blinds. Changes made by HS will receive an acknowledge from the blinds and this should have the updated state, as appropriate.

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1541652

If it turns out that your model does not have position control, for example, then the association of this property to HS can be removed from the MQTT Page, Association Tab. By unchecking the "A" column checkbox on the row for HS Device 4383 will result in the HS Feature being removed. It can be restored by again checking the "A" checkbox.

Name:	Capture3.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1541653

As I was testing I noticed that there is no response expected to a heartbeat so my prior question needs no answer. The docs indicate the message ID should be incremented with each message sent. I suspect it only needs to change and does not need to be an increment. I used the Unix format for time which changes every second for this field. If you find you are not able to control from HS then this is one possible reason.

On the top of the MQTT Page, General Tab is a checkbox for collecting debug data. The debug will have every message sent and received and other things. During testing it is good to have debug enabled so there is something available for analysis if needed.

Comment

Hello Michael ,

Thank you!

I just tried to do all this , but no luck yet.

-I first updated MCSMQTT ( I was 2 updates or so behind)
                  -stopped MCSMQTT on the plugin manage page.
                  -Copied the 4 files in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Bin\mcsMQTT\
                  -started the plugin.
                  -cloud setup: (initially I forgot to add the port after the Ip adress)
                  -username: Password of Token (The API key from the app on my phone , as per API manuel)
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-05-02 09_04_20-Cloud Setup.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.9 KB ID:	1541858

It created 2 devices:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-05-02 08_58_22-Devices.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.9 KB ID:	1541859
                  And than nothing ( I also clicked "start polling").

-I have checked the wifi bridge from the blinds that it is online, and I can control it via the app on my phone.
                  - IP address is correct .

The debug file I have as well., I will send this via private message , not sure if there is private/confidential info in this file.

What could be wrong?

Thanks, Cornelis

Attached Files

Comment

The version of the plugin you are showing with screenshot is an older version. In case I posted old files you can use these that are attached. The process you used to update looks to be correct. Another thing to check is to assure mcsMQTTHS4_2020.dll is not located in the HS root folder (or \bin subfolder). It should only exist in \bin\mcsMQTT

The HS device that was created is a result of entering the URL. It is correct and is the mechanism by which communications to the specific IP : Port is managed.

When mcsMQTT receives the UDP heartbeat packet on port 32101 it will create the devices that are specific to the blinds that I though may be of interest. It will show on the Association tab of the MQTT page all the items being reported for the blinds and using the "A" column checkbox will associate it with a HS Device Feature. Example is RSSI if you want to monitor the WiFi connection quality.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                      The version of the plugin you are showing with screenshot is an older version. In case I posted old files you can use these that are attached. The process you used to update looks to be correct. Another thing to check is to assure mcsMQTTHS4_2020.dll is not located in the HS root folder (or \bin subfolder). It should only exist in \bin\mcsMQTT

I missed a small part of this post . I noticed the file mcsMQTTHS4_2020.dll and .pdb are in the root folder as well. (highlighted in the screenshot below)

Can I just delete them , or will I have than other issues with MCSMQTT ?

Name:	2022-05-02 22_33_40-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1542042

Comment

Yes, delete them. No sideeffects.

Comment

An update that I believe will handle the lack of heartbeat being received. Unzip the four files into the \bin\mcsMQTT folder.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to Michael McSharry I have now full controll of the blinds with homeseer.

Many thanks for making this happen!

Cornelis

Comment

Working...
                            X