Amazon First Air Quality Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon First Air Quality Monitor

Did anyone integrated yet the Amazon First Air quality Monitor sensor?

Had not heard about the Amazon First Air Quality Monitor but while searching for it I found this other related/hackable option from IKEA:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/vindrik...nsor-60515911/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRke2ww2VTw
    https://github.com/Hypfer/esp8266-vi...article-sensor

Added to my list of projects....

Comment

following... I would love to see an API for this so we can use HomeSeer...
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The IKEA is limited... why hack around with this when you can get something that is local (zigbee) and more versatile than just p2.5 and already works:
        Tuya Zigbee Smart Air Box Air Quality Monitor CO2 VOC Gas Detector Sensor Automation Alarm Household Temperatur Humidity Sensor|Gas Analyzers| - AliExpress

Comment

You guys are a bad influence 😂

looks like the Amazon one is junk at this point. You need to go into the app to see the values, kind of useless

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
            The IKEA is limited... why hack around with this when you can get something that is local (zigbee) and more versatile than just p2.5 and already works:
            Tuya Zigbee Smart Air Box Air Quality Monitor CO2 VOC Gas Detector Sensor Automation Alarm Household Temperatur Humidity Sensor|Gas Analyzers| - AliExpress
            How is your experience with aliexpress? I never bought anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
              How is your experience with aliexpress? I never bought anything yet.

I've bought dozens of items from them. It's the same exact stuff you'd find on Amazon, only cheaper since you're getting it straight from the OEM/manufacturer.
              I just took another delivery yesterday of more Zigbee/Aqara window sensors, about $10 a piece and they outperform any Z-wave sensors I've ever tested.

Shipping only took less than 3-weeks, which is about normal.

Comment

I purchased it from aliexpress, it looks like a great device, thanks for the tip. It seems that it needs power, I was thinking if I could power it with some sort of cat6 cable since I could bring it in the middle of the house.

Comment

I use the Purple Air detector. It was easy to write an HS script to interrogate it from Homeseer.

https://www.purpleair.com

And if you do not want to have the device itself, you can always interrogate the Purple Air web site for other detectors in your area.

Comment

Agreed, seems like there are a number of decent Zigbee options, this one as well:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003871668990.html

Comment

@123qweasd,

What would you recommend that I can put current version of Tasmota on being sold on Amazon?

Decided here to just use Tasmota devices in house Forum Easier to manage all of them at once with the HA Tasmota plugin.
                      Running HA and HS on an Intel Jetway Micro PC (tiny thing).

IE: TasmoAdmin

Googling found this one:

SDS011 air quality sensor

Nova PM Sensor SDS011 can measure the air quality very accurately by measuring air particles or dust based on laser detection.

Specifications:
                      • Voltage: 4.7 - 5.3V DC (5V DC with <20mV ripple advised)
                      • Power consumption: 70mA ±10mA (in operation), <4mA (laser and fan sleep mode)
                      • Measuring range: 0.0-999.9 μg/m3
                      • PM2.5 and PM10 output
                      MFG site ==> http://www.inovafitness.com/en/a/index.html

- Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Pete , for air quality monitoring I guess it all comes down to how many metrics you want to track; from what I can see, you would have to configure 4-6 different sensors ( PM2.5 Formaldehyde TVOC CO2 Temperature Humidity ) and build some kind of enclosure for the Tasmota option. Could be an interesting project if the cost was significantly lower but the Zigbee/Tuya all in one, pre built, is around 25$ .

​​​​​https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003871668990.html

So I guess unless you want to pick and choose better quality / individual sensors, Zigbee seems like a better option...

Comment

I purchased this one but when I add it to the network, I see it in HS as Smart Plug. I'm using JowiHue plugin Version 3. Do I need to upgrade it to 4?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post

I purchased this one but when I add it to the network, I see it in HS as Smart Plug. I'm using JowiHue plugin Version 3. Do I need to upgrade it to 4?

Thanks
                            What does the device look like in Phoscon? I'm assuming you're using either a ConBee2 or RaspBee2 for the zigbee controller.
                            From checking the deconz github it's questionable as to whether support for this device was ever added to production code, though it was requested around a year ago.

Probably best to continue this in the JowiHue forum.

Comment

I don't think you can compare the two. The Zigbee detector does not measure PM2.5 which is completely different to CO2 or VOC monitoring.

I just picked up an IKEA VINDRIKTNING Air Quality Monitor, added a BM680 and D1 Mini using Tasmota all installed and working in under an hour. This gives PM 2.5, VOC, Temperature, Humidity, Dew Point & Pressure. If you need CO2, a CJMCU-811 could be used.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	333
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1565076
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X