XP-Sp2 startup questin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XP-Sp2 startup questin

I have been using XP for a while with good success. I put HS in the start-up file and if I have a power failure and my computer restarts, HS starts right back up by it self. I updated to Sp2 and now it wants a physical key stroke to open up. This is a problem. HS won't restart on a power failure. I can't find how to turn this feature off. Any ideas?
    Marvin.

What exactly do you mean "now it wants a physical key stroke to open up"? Do you mean that XP is no longer starting things in your startup folder? You may have to add it to the Exceptions list of the Windows Firewall.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Mmunster,
      If you mean that it wants you to log on first, then what I did was follow the instructions on this site. Now XP boots up, logs me on and then starts the programs in the start up file.
      http://www.experts-change.com/Operat..._20804330.html

Gardner.

Comment

1. Go to Start/Run, and type 'control userpasswords2'.
        2. From Users Tab, Uncheck "Users must enter ...."
        3. A dialog will allow setting a user and password to be used automatically.

Works for me on my SP2 box.

Comment

XP Pro SP1

Just an FYI, this method also worked for my system running for XP Pro SP1.
          Visit My Home Seer Site at:
          www.JohnWPB.com
          Created with LCARS

Comment

also works for XP Pro SP2

Comment

Thanks for all the help

Your help in solving this problem was great. I didn't even know about the sign in settings, but turning them off seems to have cured the problem. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X