Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM11A issues

Hello...

Got a small issue here. I wrote some events to show off some picutes with a brief wav file playing with each event. Basically I have one event that runs 5 others. Each of the other 5 events has a command to turn a light on, plus plays a wav file of about 15 seconds. I wrote the event on my laptop with a Powerlinc USB for testing (didnt want to screw up my main homeseer machine with trial and error). Everything ran perfectly from my laptop with the USB interface. I then transfered the events over to my main homeseer machine and now the timing is all screwed up. What happens is the lights dont turn on when they are suppose to, event 1 light will sometimes work, and most of the time, turns on after event 2 when event 2 light turns on. Then to see something, I hooked my powerlinc usb up to my main homeseer machine, and it worked perfectly as it did on my laptop. Then I put the CM11a back on and everything goes screwy again. I tried a second CM11a to rule it out as an issue, and I have the same problem with it. Anyone shed some light on this for me? Seems to be a bug if you ask me with homeseer and sending the commands out to the cm11a.

Judging by the comments of others on this board, it may be the CM11A. I started out with one, but found it to be very slow to send commands. I find the Powerlinc USB and the LynX-10 to be much faster.

It's subjective though, I've never tried to take any measurements.

Having said all that, I suppose it could be a software problem, since each interface has its own code for interface. Has anyone out there done any objective testing?

Comment

I think it's HomeSeer and the way it communicates with the CM11A. I had a very similar event that simply sent 11 off's at the end of the night to turn off several lights around the house and it worked very inconsistently. I switched over to a Powerlinc USB and it solved the problem. One thing I did notice though is with different versions of HS the event acted differently. Some of the earlier betas it ran fine but with the later betas it would never consistently turn off all the lights.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
      X